Games of the Month: August 2012

D

Deleted_171835

AS much as i like that idea, i with the would let us have another "proper" remake of the console titles. Like Sunshine or Galaxy. I know thats really greedy considering we have 3 mario titles already.
They tried putting Galaxy on the 3DS but the resolution is too low/screen is too small.

"When we started developing the game, we displayed Super Mario Galaxy 2 on a small TV monitor and found that Mario looked like a speck and that the game was difficult to play.

http://www.destructo...k--216983.phtml

Sunshine might work, though.

but i would rather have a metroid prime trilogy 3ds!

Reactions: 1 person

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
-NSMB2: This game looks great. It definitely comes a little too soon after SM3DL but tbh NSMB feels very different from what they did on 3D Land so I`m still excited for this!

-Darksiders 2: I thought the first one really was OK. I kinda felt the GoW-like-combat wasn`t really suited for a game like this because it doesn`t go along with the pacing very well when you are stopped because of a horde of enemies you have to mash buttons to but it still was a very enjoyable game. The sequel though looks way better with more emphasis on RPG-elements and also the PoP-like-traversing looks amazing. I`m really looking forward to this!

Concerning Darksiders 2:
...it was an alright game but not THAT good.
Dude, weren`t you the one who said Darksiders 1 was the best Zelda game in that thread the other day... I was assumed you were trolling but now I`m sure :blink:

All those other games are really not that interesting for me...

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AS much as i like that idea, i with the would let us have another "proper" remake of the console titles. Like Sunshine or Galaxy. I know thats really greedy considering we have 3 mario titles already.
They tried putting Galaxy on the 3DS but the resolution is too low/screen is too small.

"When we started developing the game, we displayed Super Mario Galaxy 2 on a small TV monitor and found that Mario looked like a speck and that the game was difficult to play.

http://www.destructo...k--216983.phtml

Sunshine might work, though.

but i would rather have a metroid prime trilogy 3ds!
Its good to know they tried. OOOh MP on the 3DS would be sick.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's floaty but not as much as Galaxy.

I'll probably try it someday. Issue is that I'm a cheap asshole and honestly a lot of Nintendo games are pretty price inflated. Like Mario Kart DS is still at almost brand new pricing. Even currently in production stuff is still selling at full retail. I'll probably grab it used but it's a bit of an annoyance.

...it was an alright game but not THAT good.
Dude, weren`t you the one who said Darksiders 1 was the best Zelda game in that thread the other day... I was assumed you were trolling but now I`m sure :blink:

I was trolling. Although I could go into a long discussion on a few reasons why one would consider Darksiders better than Zelda, but I'll spare it.

But for the record I don't think it is.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But uh, I am the one who wrote the Dark Souls stuff :C
Its the first post on this page :V

oh well, minor thing I guess V:

Sorry, Rasas sent me a PM with your write-up and I was being a lazy fuck and didn't read his note that it was written by you and should be added. Lemme fix it.

Reactions: 1 person

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Just watched a trailer for Sleeping Dogs on Steam....looks awesome, but trailers are meant to make a game look appealing, so i went looking for a review of the game and can't find one.

I don't usually buy without some knowledge of how a game plays but i was soo close to making the pre-order, hopefully a review or 2 will pop up soon.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario will be fun, but it's still just Mario and while I guess it's stale it's a welcome kind of stale you don't get much elsewhere anymore.

GuildWars 2 being a MMO isn't that a little of a stretch or did they change the gameplay mechanics? The original I played for years with a co-worker online and it was a co-op RPG, didn't have all those MMO aspects of a true open world where it was kill or be killed (even by people) anywhere. It was chapter based, you could team up with random people or guild mates/friends on stages, and you did have pvp combat or teamvteam setup in battle arenas. I recall this game was supposed to be more WoW like with an expanding world and more openness, but again since they're not f'n greedy like Activision, there's no monthly blackmail fees.

I too need to see what specs this sucker will need as I'd love to toss it on my laptop. I hope it runs nice on a intel hd 3000 chip with an i5core 2410-m processor and 6GB of ram to use.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GuildWars 2 being a MMO isn't that a little of a stretch or did they change the gameplay mechanics? The original I played for years with a co-worker online and it was a co-op RPG, didn't have all those MMO aspects of a true open world where it was kill or be killed (even by people) anywhere. It was chapter based, you could team up with random people or guild mates/friends on stages, and you did have pvp combat or teamvteam setup in battle arenas. I recall this game was supposed to be more WoW like with an expanding world and more openness, but again since they're not f'n greedy like Activision, there's no monthly blackmail fees.

Guild Wars is definitely a MMORPG. It's definitely massively multiplayer and it's a RPG. It just wasn't like every run-of-the-mill MMORPG out there. And there was PvP. Random Arena was just 4v4 with randon people, Team Arena was 4v4 with your own teams, GvG was 8v8 with two guilds squaring off, and then there was also like Hall of Heroes and other stuff. But it was absolutely a MMORPG.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess it depends on how you see it. I recall the developers strictly calling the original a co-op RPG because you had a choice whether to be MMO with it or not. The coooperative settings with it outside of everyone being in a district in a town was optional. Once you left a district into the open world, all ties to the others were cut unless they were in your party when you leave the gate. WoW and the like there's no walls in place, it's everyone everywhere, and you just pick if you want to be in places where people can player kill you for sadistic pleasure or not. At a base level they're all MMOs in many design aspects, but GW was very regimented.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway +1