Hacking Games lagging even more with a better drive

TheReduxPL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I saw mention of doing a syscheck but you haven't done so. Can you do that so we can see what you have for your cIOSes?
Look closer, I have published it :)

By slowdowns I mean temporal, unregular freezes - game is working fine, smoothly for most of the time but lag randomly happens and freezes for like 1/3 or 1/2 of a second (or something else happens, like the mentioned DJ Hero), then it runs fine again. Of course it repeats.
Foxi, I am desperate - you said "You can somewhat lessen this problem by defragmenting the drive thoroughly and making sure that the files are close to the beginning of the spindle by creating the Wii partition first.". I know there is a program that lets you defragment files in such a way so certain files are closer to faster areas. Do you remember it?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Look closer, I have published it :)

By slowdowns I mean temporal, unregular freezes - game is working fine, smoothly for most of the time but lag randomly happens and freezes for like 1/3 or 1/2 of a second (or something else happens, like the mentioned DJ Hero), then it runs fine again. Of course it repeats.
Foxi, I am desperate - you said "You can somewhat lessen this problem by defragmenting the drive thoroughly and making sure that the files are close to the beginning of the spindle by creating the Wii partition first.". I know there is a program that lets you defragment files in such a way so certain files are closer to faster areas. Do you remember it?
I use Auslogics Disk Defrag Pro for it, you can set it to put certain files closer to the beginning of the spindle or force it to make a closely-knit defrag. ;) You'll have to... *cough cough* acquire a copy of that.
8TYRvcL.png

TheReduxPL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thanks :) I just got the trial version. I turned on the "Optimize by disk zone" profile and customized it to not put any files in slow zone and to put all the files from "wbfs" folder to the fast zone. I hope this will make it work a little bit better - I will leave the process to complete during this night and will let you know about results.

Reactions: Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thanks :) I just got the trial version. I turned on the "Optimize by disk zone" profile and customized it to not put any files in slow zone and to put all the files from "wbfs" folder to the fast zone. I hope this will make it work a little bit better - I will leave the process to complete during this night and will let you know about results.
It will probably improve read speeds slightly, but I'm a bit skeptical. Good luck though. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol