Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
machomuu said:
Guild McCommunist said:
I don't see why people would want Pokemon Colosseum or any of the console RPG games on the 3DS when they're vastly inferior to the handheld RPGs. More emphasis on story (which is bad since Pokemon has really shitty stories), less collecting, longer winded and often boring battles, and it lacks a lot of the stuff that makes Pokemon fun. If I wanted a Pokemon game on the 3DS it'd be either the 6th gen of Pokemon games or the TCG.

I don't see anything that needs to be in 3D myself since I see no real appeal or pressing need for games to be in 3D.
+1 on both accounts.
Pokemon Colosseum was made for the console because the consoles had no Pokemon RPGs. Sending it to the 3DS where it would be oversadowed for the much better and more popular main title would be a waste and pointless.

Also, I agree on the second part because I honestly couldn't care less about 3D, to me it's just a battery-consuming gimmick. But that's just me. And Guild.

And me.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sheaperd121 said:
I would like to see Kirby and Paper Mario games on it the most.
I just hope the currently planned Paper Mario 3D is in the Paper Mario franchise and doesn't jump into the Super Paper Mario franchise.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Sheaperd121 said:
I just hope the currently planned Paper Mario 3D is in the Paper Mario franchise and doesn't jump into the Super Paper Mario franchise.
I thought Super Paper Mario was ok. Though I would like to go back to the mechanics of the older paper Mario.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Guild McCommunist said:
I don't see why people would want Pokemon Colosseum or any of the console RPG games on the 3DS when they're vastly inferior to the handheld RPGs. More emphasis on story (which is bad since Pokemon has really shitty stories), less collecting, longer winded and often boring battles, and it lacks a lot of the stuff that makes Pokemon fun. If I wanted a Pokemon game on the 3DS it'd be either the 6th gen of Pokemon games or the TCG.

I don't see anything that needs to be in 3D myself since I see no real appeal or pressing need for games to be in 3D.
+1 on both accounts.
Pokemon Colosseum was made for the console because the consoles had no Pokemon RPGs. Sending it to the 3DS where it would be oversadowed for the much better and more popular main title would be a waste and pointless.

Also, I agree on the second part because I honestly couldn't care less about 3D, to me it's just a battery-consuming gimmick. But that's just me. And Guild.
I doubt it, anything with Pokemon will be bought by die-hard Pokemon fans.

It could be 50 different Pokemon games come out at once and each and every die-hard pokemon fans would try to buy them all.

They could have the base of a handheld pokemon game and look like Pokemon Colosseum.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sheaperd121 said:
machomuu said:
Sheaperd121 said:

I thought Super Paper Mario was ok. Though I would like to go back to the mechanics of the older paper Mario.

It was a good game, but it's been a while since we've had a Mario RPG (as in Paper Mario and Super Mario RPG, not Mario and Luigi).

KingVamp said:
QUOTE(machomuu @ Feb 23 2011, 09:12 PM) QUOTE(Guild McCommunist @ Feb 23 2011, 08:59 PM)

+1 on both accounts.

I doubt it, anything with Pokemon will be bought by die-hard Pokemon fans.

It could be 50 different Pokemon games come out at once and each and every die-hard pokemon fans would try to buy them all.

They could have the base of a handheld pokemon game and look like Pokemon Colosseum.
If they had that, it would be the next main game and the start of the 6th generation.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
KingVamp said:

No. Just no. The simplicity is part of the games.
Take that out and it's not our Pokémon. And it'd be called a rip off of Digimon World 03

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ramonra said:
KingVamp said:

Take that out and it's not our Pokémon. And it'd be called a rip off of Digimon World 03
OHHH GOD, don't remind me of that utter bullshit.

Pokemon does have its charm in simplicity; I actually think that Pokemon White and Black are kind of pushing the limits in a sense.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Ramonra said:
KingVamp said:

OHHH GOD, don't remind me of that utter bullshit.

Pokemon does have its charm in simplicity; I actually think that Pokemon White and Black are kind of pushing the limits in a sense.
I liked Digimon World 3, and I didn't even like Digimon. Of course, that was when I was younger. It wasn't a bad game, however. I don't like it as much now, but still it's not a bad game.

...Wait...what was the topic about again?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ramonra said:
KingVamp said:

I guess, but to be fair Digimon rip-off Pokemon with that game.

Still think it be a chance of a awesome game(s)...

I always like the first Digimon the best. :/

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
I liked Digimon World 3, and I didn't even like Digimon. Of course, that was when I was younger. It wasn't a bad game, however. I don't like it as much now, but still it's not a bad game.

Digimon World 3 was charming... but it was broken. HORRIBLY broken.

I think we were talking about 3DS games... Huh.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Ramonra said:
KingVamp said:

I guess, but to be fair Digimon rip-off Pokemon with that game.

Still think it be a chance of a awesome game(s)...

I always like the first Digimon the best. :/

The games are almost nothing alike. Digimon World 3 was much more traditional and they had almost no similarities. Trust me, I played both games to death.

QUOTE(Slyakin @ Feb 23 2011, 09:32 PM) QUOTE(machomuu @ Feb 23 2011, 09:30 PM)

Digimon World 3 was charming... but it was broken. HORRIBLY broken.

I think we were talking about 3DS games... Huh.
I agree, I played the game a few days ago and noticed how broken it was.

And clearly we weren't talking about the 3DS. We were talking about how to make a Super Nintendo Region Free.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skitty22 said:
- Pokemon snap , yep it might have been a bit dull on the cube but in 3D it could be very impressive indeed
If you thought it was on the GameCube and dull, you probably never played it (and it's questionable whether or not you've even seen gameplay).

Regardless, I would like to see this or a region based revival (like choosing between Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, or [insert 5th region here]).

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
1. Diablo I/II (not gonna happen)
2. Starcraft (very, very unlikely. but hey, Starcraft 64 happened, so it's possible. Koreans would own, of course. no doubt about it.)
3. any of the decent Elder Scrolls titles (maybe Morrowind onwards, but i wouldn't mind to see the classics)
4. more 4X type of games. something like Lords of Magic or a real, fully-featured CivRev game.
5. Goldeneye 64 (makes me salivate...)

i'll edit titles in as a think of 'em.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pitoui said:
We NEED another F-Zero game. No better place for it than the 3DS in my opinion.

F-Zero would be sweet on the 3DS. A mix of F-Zero X play mechanics with GX style graphics + 3D would be awesome. I would also love a Wave Race. Even just a port of Wave Race Blue Storm would be good.

Beyond that, I've been playing DQ IX lately and think DQ X could be pretty good on the 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.