Hacking Games/Homebrew not loading.

Silvermania

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, having a tech issue. I found the 1.56b4 update and installed it... mainly because I learned that you can play Spirit Tracks if you have the cracked version and you use a save and cheat file they give you. Well, after the beta update install no games work at all. You can select the game and turn on or off the cheats for it, but when it goes to play it just says "loading..." and nothing ever happens. What could be wrong?

Silvermania

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chrono_Tata said:
Maybe you had a bad install. Roll back to an earlier version then try installing beta 4 again.

Tried to roll back to 1.55... "Fatal Error, press A to continue."
I tried it again.... and it installed properly.

Games still won't load, still getting the "Loading..." screen of death.
Oh wait.... I let it load for a minute and it finally went through.

Spirit Tracks works, I have full train controls.
Save feature works too.

Any reason for such a huge delay in Loading?
My card is 4GB and hasn't had any issues before.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try formatting your Micro SD, you'll have to back up your Micro SD files as everything will be erased, but this can solve a lot of problems.
Just copy the contents of your Micro SD to another folder, format, and copy them back when it's finished.

I also use 4GB and had a similar problem before, this helped.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Umm. How many times have you tried loading games? It's a known thing that sometimes after installing a new firmware it's normal for loading to be slow for the first time. After that it should go back to normal. If this is a persistent problem then, yeah, you should backup and reformat.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yep, after installing a new firmware the first game/homebrew you load will take longer than normal to load. Of course, this usually means 5 seconds load time as opposed to 1 second. I think 1 minute is way too long and highly abnormal, so you should reformat your microSD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night