Hacking games freezing and restarting Wii

kwf001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, I have softmii 1.0 installed and gamma backup launcher as well.

When my gf plays my sims, sometimes, not all the time, it will freeze up entirely and we have to restart the wii. We are using the original dvd and still having this issue.

Also, Metroid prime 3 does the same thing, occasionally freezes, in some cases, the screen would turn black and the wii restarts itself.

I've searched for a while, and it doesn't seem like there is another thread with this issue.

Thanks in advance!

mrtankjump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You say this happens while running the original dvd also? That might be a drive problem if it spans across different games, and not just on backups. Are the discs damaged at all? Maybe both the original and the copy are scratched causing freezing.

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i personally have never seen a topic describbing your problem either... so good job searching...

the only thing i can think of is that maybe just maybe you dont have all the ios's on your system...
happened to my friend for some reason...
run ios downgrader...
then install cioscorps again...
if all else fails try reinstalling cios aka ios249...

-kitt050383

kwf001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I followed the directions exactly as they were when I installed softmii. So I don't think it would be an IOS issue, although I will try your suggestion.

My sims is pretty badly scratched (its a rental), so that could be the issue... mind you my original copy of metroid prime 3 works without issues and it's pretty scratched up too (hence why I made a backup). I burned mp3 on Taiyo Yuden dvd-r at 1x, and it worked flawlessly for a while, and the backup has a few scratches on it, but nothing I would consider to be a problem.

There was a certain part of mp3, particularly when trying to go down a level in Norion when you're trying to get the energy cell. Thats when the wii restarted (using disk channel). I then reinstalled the ios that came with gamma, and ran mp3 through gamma and it didn't freeze... yet that is, after I did this and ran my sims through gamma, my gf reported it froze earlier when loading a building blueprint.

Another thing, a little off topic, but when you try the rebooter options in gamma while softmii is installed it crashes... not sure if thats normal.

Now then, should I run IOS downgrader? or would it be better to run anyregionchanger M5 and reinstall the cioscorp from there?

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
just run ios downgrader then reinstall cioscorps...
as per rebooter options in gamma not working its because preloader moved the system menu..
so rebooter no longer works at the moment...

QUOTE said:
I followed the directions exactly as they were when I installed softmii. So I don't think it would be an IOS issue, although I will try your suggestion.

give ios downgrader a go if you have all the correct ios installed it wont do anything but restart your wii...
you maybe surprised to find your missing an ios...
i believe cioscorps install patches and not full wads so if a wad isn't on the system it skips... don't know..
only know that it solved a similar issue my friend had...

-kitt050383

DarkZBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try downgrading to version 3.2 if you have 3.3 or 3.4.

Did original nintendo games freeze on you too?

If original nintendo games freeze, it might be a drive problem as stated above.

If only backup's are getting messed, it might be your burner, and what speed did you burn them at?, also what type of DVD are you using?

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darkzboy do you not know how the hell to read? The answer to all the things you posted was already given in the thread..........

kwf001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok I ran ios downgrader, it turns out I was missing an ios. However the problem with mp3 still exists, but it seems to only exist when using the disk channel. Running it through gamma I haven't had any issues. My sims is still freezing, but I'm pretty sure it's because the disk is badly scratched.

I think at this point I'm just going to try and re-virginize my wii and reinstall pre-loader and gamma, and leave cioscorp out of the picture, at least until I can get a flatmii.

Thanks to all who have helped, hopefully this thread will help those who are also having this problem.

mabreu

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
hello. I have some similar problem. Whenever I play Super Mario Galaxy, or WiiSports, the game restart itself from the beginning, or block the console.
Any suggestion? The console is new, and the games are original ones.
Thank you!

Wii-Nis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
this topic has been brought up many times before, including myself....it is not a Wii hardware problem, its not a soft mod problem...the problem is poor disc repuduction on nintendos part...nintendo just recently sent me a new copy of metroid prime 3 and it works no prob...apparently at some disc manufacture facilities there happened to be employees who didnt care about there job and did a half assed job at that. that is the reality.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6aie4t8lZ7k&pp=ygUuaSBhbSBub3QgZ2F5IGJ1dCAyMCBkb2xsYXJzIGlzIDIwIGRv... +1