Gaming Games for DS...? (note: this post is REALLY LONG)

TripDyke

Trophies
Website
bichan.livejournal.com
XP
Country
RoboClover said:
Do they have it at a normal chain game store or is it something i'd have to order? just that you said it was obscure and underappreciated, i know what its like getting ahold of stuff like that
They have it at my local EB Games, and I know it's the same box from a year ago. I'd suggest checking GameStop/EB Games/equivalent, and failing that you'll need to start looking elsewhere or ask if they can order it in. I know that EB Games over here can order in games from their other stores around the country. There's also play-asia.com, and other online retailers.

To everyone else; glad that I can be so convincing! It's heart-warming to see that there are still gamers out there that don't base their opinions/shopping lists/download queues on other peoples' views on games. When it comes down to it you play a game for yourself, no-one else.

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dragon QUest 4 is coming out

it's the first in one of the greatest RPG trilogies of all times

DQIV is individually one of the best RPGs ever as well. if you liked the Final Fantasy series(i'm a big fan too) then you'll really like these

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I didn't look at Rondo of Swords reviews before picking it up, and still disliked it. It's possible that the IGN reviewers had the same opinions as me, but moving on... Let me go through my games. Note that these aren't all games in the same vain as those being suggested, but are those I believe to be good DS titles.

TWEWY - Excellent storyline, and the battle system, while not liked by all, definitely is innovative.

Cooking Mama 2 - Mini-game galore. If you have Gamers ADD like me (although you have finished most of the Final Fantasies, so maybe not) this game is definitely worth picking up.

Glory Days 2 - One of the best DS titles of all time. If you don't own this game, go get it. It is basically a 2D Battlefield in which you pilot either a helicopter or a plane. I cannot go on about this game enough.

Jump! Ultimate Stars - If you like Anime at all, this game is a must have. If not, not so much, although you might still get some enjoyment out of it. My advice is to grab a translated copy if you plan on playing it.

WarioWare: Touched! - Another game to relieve my Gamers ADD.

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow and Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin - Excellent games. I'd never played ANY of the other Castlevania games (I know, it shames me.) but these games were excellent.

Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime - I'm serious. I love playing this game. I've played the HELL out of it. It's almost impossible to describe, but it's definitely worth trying. The game looks rather childish, but can be deep.

FFCC - Multiplayer ALONE wins this game a spot. Co-op in RPGs has been seriously overlooked on all platforms for the last few years.

Mario Kart DS - Well, it's Mario Kart. You either love it or you hate it.

Sorry this post was so long. Anyway, if it comes down to the wire, I recommend Glory Days 2. However, all these games mentioned in this thread have their merits. BiChan, I am getting Contact as I write this based on your recommendation ALONE. I played it and didn't enjoy it, but am willing to give it another chance.

EDIT: Forgot to yell at you for not liking Golden Sun. Shame on you.

FlameTakuya

Trophies
Website
rsx0806.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Senegal
It appears that you would enjoy this game.

PHOENIX WRIGHT: ACE ATTORNEY.

Extremely awesome storyline, characters have a lot of depth, cases keep you at the ends of you seat. From what I've read in your first post, it seems that you would enjoy this immensely.

Play the first game (Ace Attorney), and if you like it, get the second (Justice For All), third (trials and Tribulations), and fourth (Apollo Justice).

In that order.

Also, other notable games that you might enjoy are Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Professor Layton and the Curious Village (NOT A CHILDREN'S GAMES).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet