Gaming Games for a 10 year old girl

incognito54

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey gbatemp, I need your help...

My brother wants to give a flashcard to his girlfriend's sister, and of course asked me if I could buy it and fill it with games.
I bought a 2gb card to go along with the flashcard and so far I have selected the following games:
  • Cooking Mama
  • Cooking Mama 2
  • Animal Crossing
  • WarioWare
  • New Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario 64
  • Imagine: Figure Skater
  • Elite Beat Agents
  • Highschool Musical
  • Ratatouille
  • Sonic Rush Adventure
  • Super Princess Peach
  • Nintendogs
So could you tell me what your daughters, sisters, nieces, etc. like to play? Of those games I posted which ones don't they like?
Thank you!

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
My 10 year old cousin has Cooking Mama 2, Bomberman Land Touch 2, Animal Crossing WW, Pokemon Pearl, Picross and The World Ends With You (she is at Week 3, Day 4 I think).
She usually focuses on one game (WEWY right now) and plays Picross or Cooking Mama 2 when she can only play for a short while. She only has Bomberman I think to play with her school friends.

I know she likes High School Musical but I know she hasn't played any of the DS games.

She played Rocket Slime, the first Cooking Mama, Harvest Moon (and Rune Factory I think), EBA and Ouendan too and we beat FFCC Ring of Fates Very Hard multiplay with her (only problem is that she has problems jumping diagonally lol).
I think her next game will be one of the Mystery Dungeons once she beats WEWY.

EDIT: Also Kirby Canvas Curse and Squeek Squad.

elfgirl_45

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rune Factory, Zoo Keeper, Ouendan (besides EBA), Neves, maybe Diner Dash and like others have said Zelda PH, Mario Kart, Kirby SS & CC, Bomberman, maybe 42 Classics or whatever it's called. And I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting too.

Gian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My little sister has ..

My Sims.
Cooking Mama.
Nintendogs,
and her favorite game: Animal Crossing.

She likes playing Taiko no Tatsujin with me, too.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Plushees!
yaynds.gif

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on the kid but she could like any of those animal games that end in 'Z' with the cute print on them, or some of that 'Imagine: Something' series titles. Also horse games go well usually with girls and most of them are trash, though 'Horse Life' is fantastic as it really has a lot of cool events and things to do, and all the moves and play is done with movements just like Elite Beat Agents.

Also any of those fairly simple to deep type puzzles should go over well where the learning curve isn't a pain to get the grasp of going into as well. I'd like to put other stuff but the easy 1st party game failsafes have been listed already.

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
shinsil said:
Resident Evil
Pokemons

Resident Evil
rofl2.gif

ummm, try Trauma Center if you dont have it already, TWEWY, ROS, Imagine Fashion Designer, Imagine Happy Cooking, Pet Vet, Nintendogs, Puppy Sap and Resort, Stuff like that.. Try looking on Gamespot for reviews on some of this stuff as well..

Hope this helps
biggrin.gif

incognito54

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Based on some of your suggestions I've added a few more games to the list. So right now I have:
  • Cooking Mama 2
  • Animal Crossing
  • Wario Ware
  • New Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario 64
  • Imagine: Figure Skater
  • Imagine: Fashion Designer
  • Elite Beat Agents
  • Ratatouille
  • Sonic Rush Adventure
  • Super Princess Peach
  • Nintendogs
  • Pokemon
  • Zoo Keeper
  • Kirby Superstar Saga
  • Mario Kart
  • Meteos
  • Yoshi's Island
  • My Sims
I've tried all the other games, but some seem to be a little intensive on the text side, but because she's only 10 and most of the games don't have a Portuguese option, I ruled them out. Some of the puzzle games might be a bit too boring for a 10yo so I ruled out also (but found out about Neves, will definitely play that game). I will try some more of your suggestions tonight, like the Horse games and such and see if they're fun.
Thanks a lot, you've been really helpful!
grog.gif

sparkler

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
The Simpsons Game is really good - I bought it for my 10 year old niece and it was the perfect difficulty level for her and she really enjoyed it start to finish.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated