Trophies
XP
Country
please can you recommend games for my grandchildren
3 girls
1 x 3yrs old
1x 7yrs old
1x 8yrs old
i know of whac a mole,dora the explorer, my horse and me , and my pet dolphin.
what do u suggest for girls at these ages so they dont have to search through what they think is too hard.
common guys ask your kids what they like and dont like .

thanks .

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Games aimed towards young girls would probably be the 'Imagine' series. Terrible for adults, great for kids
smile.gif

Just Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
People are going to hate me for saying this, but the Imagine series for the older girls, although it would depend on their general interests. If they're girly girls, as it were, then Imagine... Teacher or Interior Designer are good. Figure Skater, Gymnast or Modern Dancer aren't bad. Stay away from the Wedding one, it's the worst of the lot.

Animal wise Planet Rescue: Ocean Patrol & Planet Rescue: Endangered Island are quite good.

Professor Layton and the Curious Village is a must though. The Tale of Despereaux is also quite good.

As for the Three year old, I'm not sure. Littlest Pet Shop games are simple enough I think, I Did It Mum: Girl is also aimed at that age band I believe.

If however they're not really girly girls and actually want good games, then definitely Professor Layton and the Curious Village, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales, Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords, Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon or Viva Pinata Pocket Paradise

jud1255

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just Joe said:
People are going to hate me for saying this, but the Imagine series for the older girls, although it would depend on their general interests. If they're girly girls, as it were, then Imagine... Teacher or Interior Designer are good. Figure Skater, Gymnast or Modern Dancer aren't bad. Stay away from the Wedding one, it's the worst of the lot.

Animal wise Planet Rescue: Ocean Patrol & Planet Rescue: Endangered Island are quite good.

Professor Layton and the Curious Village is a must though. The Tale of Despereaux is also quite good

As for the Three year old, I'm not sure. Littlest Pet Shop games are simple enough I think, I Did It Mum: Girl is also aimed at that age band I believe.

If however they're not really girly girls and actually want good games, then definitely Professor Layton and the Curious Village, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales, Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords, Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon or Viva Pinata Pocket Paradise
thanks both of you
i will make a list and include them for when i download later
Thanks
keep em coming !

Just Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
MySims series of games are alright.

Not really sure about games for a three year old though. Problem is I can't remember anything before the age of about five very well, and so can't really remember what I was capable of.

Donkey Kong had only just come out in the arcades just before I started primary school, and I didn't get my first computer until I was six. I used to go out every morning to use the bucket in the garden, then I had to collect snow, which was on the ground all year round back then, so we could wash. Didn't have fire back then, had to sit on the snow till it melted. No sponges, used to share the neighbours cat.

Back on topic; the Clever Kids series might be worth a look, maybe Disney Fairies: Tinker Bell and Disney Princess: Magical Jewels.

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think Chrono Trigger is a bit too much for an 8y/o girl.. oO

Anyways, the 3 year old might like the Smart Girls series games (Playhouse, Magical Book Club and Party Game), my 3 year old son loves them.. haha. XD

Electroplankton is a very nice and pretty creative way to keep the little one busy, so you might try showing her that too.

As for the two older girls.. you should show them Soul Bubbles, it's cute and easy and lots of fun. And if they like rythmn games give them Princess Debut! It's cute and romantic and fun!

Just Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chrono Trigger too much for a 8 year old? Really?

I don't have kids so you're probably right, but I would have loved Chrono Trigger when I was 8. Well Chrono Trigger and maybe some beans to help melt the snow quicker.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CT is rated E10+

I can't reccommend anything for the 3 year old however, Hannah Montana games are well suited for both the 7 and 8 year old.

theotherfreakygu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would suggest MySims. My little 3yr Brother is playing it right now, he loves it. The Wii version is the best, but little kids won't mind the DS version, either. It just doesn't let you make houses or furniture on the DS version.

semiartificial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Consider:

Miss Sunny Spiders Patch
Dora The Explorer - mermaids
Strawberry shortcake (both 'games' and 'cake')
Smart Girl series of games
Kirby games (all three)
Electroplankton
Disney princess magical jewels
Animal Crossing WW
Nintendogs
Littlest Pet Shop (any of the three)
The Petz/Wild animalz type (eg. bunnyz ... not great games though)
Garfield's Nightmare
Super princess Peach
WarioWare Touched!
Viva Pinata
Soul Bubbles
Yoshi games (might be a bit hard, but my daughter thinks he's cute!)

jjjjherman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone left off the venerable classics:

Mario Kart (great for ALL ages, my 3 year old loved this game--now 5)
New Super Mario Brothers

Not as favorite:
Super monkey Ball (great for smaller ones)

Beyond that, you need to judge personalities.

My oldest (girl now 10) loves the imagine series, nintendogs, nancy drew, any of the horse games (of which there are about 900 of them now)

My middle boy (now 8) likes anything pokemon and sports games

My youngest boy (5) likes ANY MARIO games, there are about 10 you can load one.

jud1255

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ta very much , i reckon that'll be enough for now thank's again ALL OF YOU.
and have a very merry christmas.
all the best jud

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...