Gamepad Lag after installing gamecube games with USB Helper

Stefapic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So I used USB Helper to download some gamecube games and I installed them with WUPinstaller, from the moment they were installed the gamepad start lagging (video and audio) and now is impossible to play with it, on the TV everything is perfect, the problem is just on the gamepad. Any hints?
Post automatically merged:

I also tried to just remove the external flash drive in where the games are installed but this doesn't resolve the problem

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dying gamepad? Faulty part in either that or the console.

Does it only happen with gamecube games? Is everything upto date ie your vWii hacks, nintendont?

Have you tried another iso from another source or even NUSPLII?

Stefapic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dying gamepad? Faulty part in either that or the console.

Does it only happen with gamecube games? Is everything upto date ie your vWii hacks, nintendont?

Have you tried another iso from another source or even NUSPLII?
Hi, the gamepad start doing this a moment after the installation, so I think it's the problem it's linked to this.
The lag happen every time, with any game, even in the main menu of the Wii U or apllications.
I don't use vWii, I have only Nintendont (the gamecube games starts anyway)

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Try to move metal objects (like the HDD) farer away from the Wii U (and esp. do not put them on top of it).

Do you have 5 ghz WiFi hardware and some experience with WLAN hacking? If so look how good signal strenght is (from both sides, gamepad and Wii U).

Do you use some 5 Ghz WiFi technology on your router? If so try to disable that and if it helps re-enable but switch channel.

Stefapic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Try to move metal objects (like the HDD) farer away from the Wii U (and esp. do not put them on top of it).

Do you have 5 ghz WiFi hardware and some experience with WLAN hacking? If so look how good signal strenght is (from both sides, gamepad and Wii U).

Do you use some 5 Ghz WiFi technology on your router? If so try to disable that and if it helps re-enable but switch channel.
Hi, thanks for the reply, unfortunately I already tried these methods, as I said the problem showed up just after the gamecube question, so I think it has to do with that (I used the HDD even before this event with other games and everything goes well).

MattchuLeroy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two questions from me: 1)Which game do you think caused the problem? 2) I can't find any mention of you trying to see if uninstalling the game fixed the problem or not

Stefapic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Two questions from me: 1)Which game do you think caused the problem? 2) I can't find any mention of you trying to see if uninstalling the game fixed the problem or not
1) I installed ten gamecube games with WUPinstaller and when I returned to the Home Menu the gamepad starts lagging, so I can't say if there is one game in particular that did this
2) I didn't try to uninstall the games, but I removed the HDD in where the game are installed (they are not in the nand) that is the same I think, and the problem is still here.

MattchuLeroy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) I installed ten gamecube games with WUPinstaller and when I returned to the Home Menu the gamepad starts lagging, so I can't say if there is one game in particular that did this
2) I didn't try to uninstall the games, but I removed the HDD in where the game are installed (they are not in the nand) that is the same I think, and the problem is still here.
Have you tried using a sledgehammer yet?

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think it's more likely that WiFi situation changed (a neighbour having a new router or something) than that installing titles broke something. That it looks like GCN games are the cause might just be coincidence.

Anyway, in case you want to make sure: Uninstall the games (disconnecting the HDD isn't enough), then run Ticket Cleaner to remove the last traces from NAND (make a backup from inside Ticket Cleaner before).

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Had this exact same problem before and the cause was my mobile phone. Simply keeping the phone a distance away from the WiiU pad or switching off 5g on the phone fixed the problem.

So I'm one hundred percent sure the OPs problem is either a 5g phone or router causing the issue.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I second @V10lator advice and if your still having problems its hardware related. I get the feeling its the latter as none of which you have said can cause that.

The fact its happening across the board ie all titles then sounds like you have faulty/dying wifi transmitter or reciever in the gamepad.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I second @V10lator advice and if your still having problems its hardware related. I get the feeling its the latter as none of which you have said can cause that.

The fact its happening across the board ie all titles then sounds like you have faulty/dying wifi transmitter or reciever in the gamepad.
Whatever the problem is its definitely not the installed games as they don't modify system files in any way.

Stefapic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, yes seems to be a WiFi problem, I tried to off the router and then turn on again and the problem is gone apparently. It's very strange because one minute before I install the games everything was fine so I was sure they were the problem. Thanks everyone!

Reactions: Lostbhoy

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried to off the router and then turn on again and the problem is gone apparently.
So your router uses automatic channel settings. Might be a good idea to change that to a fixed channel (at least on 5 GHz). Just try until you find a channel not interferring with the Wii U (IIRC the Wii U tries to use lower band channels, so start from the highest channel and go down).

Stefapic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So your router uses automatic channel settings. Might be a good idea to change that to a fixed channel (at least on 5 GHz). Just try until you find a channel not interferring with the Wii U (IIRC the Wii U tries to use lower band channels, so start from the highest channel and go down).
I'll try, thanks!

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1