Gamefreak POSSIBLY Considering Pokemon Ruby And Sapphire Remakes (3DS)

CamulaHikari

Kami Kurai
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
pokemon_lego.jpg

Junichi Masuda, one of the developers at Gamefreak who make the Pokemon games, has replied to a fans request on Twitter to remake Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire.

”Thanks for your thoughts. Ruby and Sapphire are important games to me. I will consider your request.”

Of course it’s by no means confirmation that we will get either title, but the fact that Masuda is actually considering it is well worth a mention. Lets hope we see both games on the Nintendo 3DS.

:arrow: Source

Reactions: 1 person

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Please do eet Masuda...

I want my secret bases back! I want my massive overworld back! I want my contests back!

I loved 3rd gen, in some ways even moreso than my Gen of Origin (Gen 2 to be exact). Wifi, StreetPass, and all this will just make it that much more awesome.

But more importantly, how on gods green earth do we trade Pokemon across from....oh waitaminute!

Gen 3 v2 doesn't need to have anything new in terms of attacks or Pokemon! It could still be made to trade, or at least transfer via Local Wireless from Black and White ala a one-way process, similar to what we have done in Gen 4 and Gen 5 more or less. The only thing we're looking at is Fully 3D overworld, models, etc, which to be honest would just be freaking boss!

It would take a bit on ingenuity, but it can be done..or at least I hope it can be done.

Edit: Sowwy Guild, I jumped the gun and quoted the entire thing without paying attention...please forgive me.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is what i read "we are going to remake Pokemon ruby and sapphire ,but we want to keep you hoping".
Or more likely, "We are going to remake Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire, but we want to make the community feel like it actually has input and has influenced the games we make."

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I just think this is an all out bad idea. The 3rd Gen is by far the worst gen if you ask me.

Plus, during the 3rd gen, Red and Blue/Green were remade for the GBA. That means that Fire Red and Leaf Green are on the same level as Ruby and Saphire. So if Ruby and Saphire were to get remade for the 3DS, why then wouldn't they remake Red and Blue again? I think that a second set of remakes would be overkill, BUT, Leaf Green ann Fire Red have many of the same capabilities as Ruby and Saphire and look the same, so it would leave the doors open for remakes to remakes, and I don't like that idea at all. Plus, in all honesty, the 3rd generation and 4th generation weren't all that different, Aside from making use of the second screen, the graphics remained very similar, with many of the same options (aside from connecting to the internet).

Lets not overkill Pokemon here. Remakes for the GB/GBC pokemon games make sense, any generation beyond that remakes would be a bad idea in my opinion.

D

Deleted_171835

So we're getting remakes of a remake now.
Ignore my stupidity.

Can't say I'm surprised. It was next in line to get a remake.

Nimbus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry, I just think this is an all out bad idea. The 3rd Gen is by far the worst gen if you ask me.

Plus, during the 3rd gen, Red and Blue/Green were remade for the GBA. That means that Fire Red and Leaf Green are on the same level as Ruby and Saphire. So if Ruby and Saphire were to get remade for the 3DS, why then wouldn't they remake Red and Blue again? I think that a second set of remakes would be overkill, BUT, Leaf Green ann Fire Red have many of the same capabilities as Ruby and Saphire and look the same, so it would leave the doors open for remakes to remakes, and I don't like that idea at all. Plus, in all honesty, the 3rd generation and 4th generation weren't all that different, Aside from making use of the second screen, the graphics remained very similar, with many of the same options (aside from connecting to the internet).

Lets not overkill Pokemon here. Remakes for the GB/GBC pokemon games make sense, any generation beyond that remakes would be a bad idea in my opinion.

And this is a bad thing....why?

We're not overkilling this, and if anything all the Generation 1 remakes that people keep wanting are overkilling it. How many times must I beat Gary ********* Oaks face in, how many times must I tread a long and linear path through a somewhat dull region (No offense people, but to me Gen 1's lack of environmental variety was about as dull as Gen 5's storyline.). I've played through Kanto time and time over again, and I'm literally to the point where if Kanto wasn't included anymore, I'd be fine with it. Again, no offense.

Besides, Kanto was included in HGSS more or less. Kanto has been featured in more generations than any other, namely four generations to be exact. Now how many generations has Hoenn been featured...just once in Gen 3. How fair is that, that Gen 1 players get their region so many times, yet we who have asked for a R/S/E so many times get nothing?

I think that Kanto can be left out of the picture for once for awhile. If it is required to appease others, include it ala post-E4, perhaps as a secondary storyline if possible. Or if the capabilities of the system permit, instead give the user two save files, one for Gen 1 storyline and one for Gen 3.

That way Gen 1 players can have their remake, while we Gen 3 lovers finally get our long-overdue remake. Hell, I cant even play RSE anymore without my old DS Lite since, oh shocker, Nintendo took away backwards compatibility on the DSi onwards, and the DSTwo's emulator is horrid when it comes down to emulating them.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

Why is it even the worse gen?

Why am i excited: Seeing that the DS Lite is discontinued, you can now use the supposed 3DS RS for your 3rd gen pokemon. Now you can also WiFi battle with players of BW, and gym leaders will have rematches like in Emerald, but possibly now with Gen V pokemon.

But this is all just a tweet, so I won't hope much. I wouldn't be surprised if Grey hits first. :P

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want a remake, cuz I'd much rather a new and original pokemon game for the 3DS. And as I said, gen 3 was definitely the worst generation of pokemon both storywise and the new pokemon they added.

And finally, if gen 3 is to be remade than that would mean they should remake Red and blue again, because their remakes are just as far behind as ruby and sapphire are, and a remake of a remake is a terrible idea. They need to know when to put a stop to the remakes, and honestly that time is now. Let HeartGold and SoulSilver be the last remakes please, there is no need for overkill.

If you really need to play gen 3 again, then Nintendo should consider them for the ambassador gba games program. You get a choice of one of the 2 games (heck maybe allow emerald in there, but everyone would choose that so that might not be the best idea), and add wireless multiplayer and the ability to connect to gen 4 and 5 through that method. I'm sure thats much easier said than done, especially since Nintendo has said that multiplayer wont come to the gba virtual console games, but I would like to imagine that it could somehow be possible.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never saw why people enjoyed the third gen. I would consider it the worst gen.

It felt like a completely step down. Gold, Silver, and Crystal introduced a new continent but also allowed you to play with the old one. 16 badges and a trip down memory lane. Plus the Pokemon were good and still fresh in design. Then RSE came along and the Pokemon designs seemed kinda boring and forgettable and they stepped back to 8 badges. Also, I never saw the point of "secret bases". They became completely pointless it seemed. You add a few fun slides and Pokemon dolls and that's about it. It's not really fun or necessary. Plus the "overworld" never seemed massive compared to the dual continents of GSC.

Also, why request a remake for a game that seems fundamentally the same for every game, mechanics wise? I'd want to encourage something new or want them to improve upon the formula more, not take a step back for another remake.

Reactions: 1 person

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, I see no point. It would be great for money-making, but the other remakes seemed a bit more "necessary" if they really want to catch them all. This is just for that money scheming.

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Those 2 don't need remakes. I see the point of the remakes being that you couldn't transfer pokemon from red/blue, silver/gold team you had to the current gen. The remakes fixing that and bringing more to the table while they were at it. For ruby and sapphire? I already own them I can get my party off them when ever I want to the next game! Sure eventually it will be a giant chain of transferring to the new games as new systems come out but at the moment it seems pointless. Even more so when we don't have an actual game for the 3DS yet (rumble blast would be a side game) If it does happen it would be something to bide time, for the team to actually develop the next real game.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
First off, they would be in no way obligated to remake the first gen again. That doesn't fit into the pattern they have going as far as remakes are concerned.

First gen
Second gen
Third gen -> Remade first gen
Fourth gen -> Remade second gen
Fifth gen (on the same console as four previous games :O) -> Time to remake the third gen

This pattern will likely continue until they hit the point that a remake won't change how the game looks and the amount of content substantially.

tl;dr - A remake would be the opposite of surprising.

On a personal note, I loved Sapphire. It was the first Pokemon game I actually bought with my own money, and I've beaten it many times.

Never saw why people enjoyed the third gen. I would consider it the worst gen.

It felt like a completely step down. Gold, Silver, and Crystal introduced a new continent but also allowed you to play with the old one. 16 badges and a trip down memory lane. Plus the Pokemon were good and still fresh in design. Then RSE came along and the Pokemon designs seemed kinda boring and forgettable and they stepped back to 8 badges. Also, I never saw the point of "secret bases". They became completely pointless it seemed. You add a few fun slides and Pokemon dolls and that's about it. It's not really fun or necessary. Plus the "overworld" never seemed massive compared to the dual continents of GSC.

Also, why request a remake for a game that seems fundamentally the same for every game, mechanics wise? I'd want to encourage something new or want them to improve upon the formula more, not take a step back for another remake.

The 16 badges of GSC and the return to Kanto was a poor move to me. The Kanto region felt so stripped down that they might as well have put the eight gyms side by side with Red sitting next to the eighth. It was nothing but filler if you didn't feel the actual game was long enough. I can't say I was able to really appreciate that portion. In fact, every time I've played, I've never completed the Kanto portion, as it is just so damn boring compared to core Johto portion.

I consider the second gen the experimental stage. Yeah, it was the best in terms of new content. Pearl/Diamond and Black/White are even a step down when comparing core aspects like the actual Pokemon. It was early, and there was room for creativity. Once you have two generations of the fuckers, I'm sure it is a bit more difficult to come up with new stuff continously, yet the fans will demand it endlessly.

The step down to 8 badges was a move of "we have enough content here, lets not push the patience of the players." I liked a lot of the Pokemon. I liked them a lot more than I like anything that has come since. The secret bases were more of a "we hope you have friends that like Pokemon deal." I'm sure they worked out great in Japan, but had limited success elsewhere. I will argue that the overworld was massive (underwater caverns and shit, big land masses, lots of ocean). Comparing the map in GSC to the map in RSE is like comparing the size of Australia to the size of the whole of Asia. Doesn't compare by much. The earlier maps were generally just elaborate loops due to the limitations of the hardware, while later maps send you on a one way road with a few shortcuts here or there to help you out, but going backwards isn't easy without the Fly ability.

Pokemon fans like dem remakes.

Nimbus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Also, lets consider something.

HGSS themselves hinted on this. Why would Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza and Latias/Latios be catchable anyway. Gamefreak never does something like that just for he hell of it. The fact that Steven shows up as well could be a sign as well, but this is all speculation on my behalf. That same thing happened in D/P/Pt, when Jasmine shows up on the shores of Sunyshore City, and look what we got a few years later, Gold and Silver Remakes!

Also, I don't believe that HM Physics should work the same, nor should movement. We wont be restricted in terms of movement directions when walking/biking/etc anymore thanks to the nature of the 3DS. Fly likely wont operate the same way either, and will likely allow us to Fly on the overworld, but only to towns we have been to "They could just pull a professor telling us it's not the time or place gig on us when we do try to fly to places we haven't been). I'd imagine it to be alot like the Airships in Final Fantasy 6. Underwater, you'll likely be similar to swimming in whichever direction you want, as well as diving further down.

Again, all speculation. The fact that in D/P/Pt, Jasmine showed up and years later we got HGSS, combined with the fact that Steven, and those five legendaries showing up in HGSS, leads me to believe that a 3D remake of RS is not as farfetch'd so to say, as many think it will be.

Remakes will always exist people, just get used to them.

D

Deleted User

Sadly, I don't want it.
I want gamefreak to make another pokemon game, i have one them all so far so much it hurts. We need more new pokemon games rather then remakes, i see the money making idea and people do love the game, but i want a new world to explore, not a place I have been before. Remakes are just boring nowdays.
~Leo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...