Gamefreak POSSIBLY Considering Pokemon Ruby And Sapphire Remakes (3DS)

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
What's so great about Hoenn? Its predecessors surpass it by far. It had potential but the events sucked and the whole Team Magma and Team Aqua thing was annoying. It could have been left out. Bring back Team rocket. :)

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh I hope they remake the 3rd it was one of my favorite, simply because of Kyogre! I love it so much. So chubby, So fish-like. So cute! So I hope they remake it!!!!!!!!!!!

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, they would be in no way obligated to remake the first gen again. That doesn't fit into the pattern they have going as far as remakes are concerned.

First gen
Second gen
Third gen -> Remade first gen
Fourth gen -> Remade second gen
Fifth gen (on the same console as four previous games :O) -> Time to remake the third gen

This pattern will likely continue until they hit the point that a remake won't change how the game looks and the amount of content substantially.

Yes, but no. This would be the first time where a generation to be remade also already contains a remade generation. I'm not saying that they should remake the first generation again by any means. What I am saying is that the remake of the first generation is just as far behind mechanically as the 3rd generation. So my point is, if the 3rd generation is to be remade than why shouldn't the first generation be remade again as well? Its just as far behind mechanically as it, so if the logical step is to remake the 3rd gen to bring it up to a more current model and allow the 4th and 5th gens to interact with it for trading, then logically the 1st generation would need to be remade again as well. And I need to stress I don't think that should happen, a remake of a remake would be a terrible thing, and also, the 1st gen remakes and the 3rd gen though somewhat behind mechanically and graphically, aren't by all that much.

A pokemon for the 3DS? I would love that, just so long as its new. And really I did hate the 3rd gen, it actually turned me off of pokemon for a few years because of how shitty those games were to me. The pokemon were awful, the story sucked, and the fact that it reverted back to 8 badges was a major fail in my opinion. i remember the first time I played gold and silver, and how amazed I was by the fact that I could go back to where I had been before and start a second journey on the same game, there hasn't been an ending after the elite 4 since the second gen thats been as rewarding as that game.

D

Deleted-236924

HGSS themselves hinted on this. Why would Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza and Latias/Latios be catchable anyway. Gamefreak never does something like that just for he hell of it.
Because if Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza and Latias/Latios weren't in HG/SS, there would have been no way of obtaining those five in Gen IV.

The 16 badges of GSC and the return to Kanto was a poor move to me. The Kanto region felt so stripped down that they might as well have put the eight gyms side by side with Red sitting next to the eighth. It was nothing but filler if you didn't feel the actual game was long enough. I can't say I was able to really appreciate that portion. In fact, every time I've played, I've never completed the Kanto portion, as it is just so damn boring compared to core Johto portion.

I consider the second gen the experimental stage. Yeah, it was the best in terms of new content. Pearl/Diamond and Black/White are even a step down when comparing core aspects like the actual Pokemon. It was early, and there was room for creativity. Once you have two generations of the fuckers, I'm sure it is a bit more difficult to come up with new stuff continously, yet the fans will demand it endlessly.

The step down to 8 badges was a move of "we have enough content here, lets not push the patience of the players." I liked a lot of the Pokemon. I liked them a lot more than I like anything that has come since. The secret bases were more of a "we hope you have friends that like Pokemon deal." I'm sure they worked out great in Japan, but had limited success elsewhere. I will argue that the overworld was massive (underwater caverns and shit, big land masses, lots of ocean). Comparing the map in GSC to the map in RSE is like comparing the size of Australia to the size of the whole of Asia. Doesn't compare by much. The earlier maps were generally just elaborate loops due to the limitations of the hardware, while later maps send you on a one way road with a few shortcuts here or there to help you out, but going backwards isn't easy without the Fly ability.

Pokemon fans like dem remakes.

It's kinda silly to say that Pokemon fans will "lose patience" pursuing 16 badges instead of the normal 8 when a lot of them have no issue mindlessly grinding their Pokemon to lvl 100 (with the right EVs and that bullshit) until their brains turn to sludge. Also, Kanto in GSC seemed fine. Not as filled as Johto, for sure, but it still had your trainers, new Pokemon, side quests, gym leaders, whatever. I played that game through and through as a kid and I never lost patience with it.

And I really see know difference in the size of the maps. If anything I don't want to spend a lot of time wading through a long and boring stretch of wilderness. I want to get to the next area, heal up, train up, and spank a gym leader, not go through annoying tall grass mazes and get buttfucked by trainers when my Pokemon are limping to safety. That's what makes me lose patience, actually.
I apply a +1 to this post.

I would KILL for a Ruby and Sapphire remake, as well as Emerald
They wouldn't remake Emerald.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were already working on it.
If they aren't working on it right now, then I can guarantee we probably won't see a R/S remake this generation.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
First off, they would be in no way obligated to remake the first gen again. That doesn't fit into the pattern they have going as far as remakes are concerned.

First gen
Second gen
Fifth gen (on the same console as four previous games :O) -> Time to remake the third gen

This pattern will likely continue until they hit the point that a remake won't change how the game looks and the amount of content substantially.

Yes, but no. This would be the first time where a generation to be remade also already contains a remade generation. I'm not saying that they should remake the first generation again by any means. What I am saying is that the remake of the first generation is just as far behind mechanically as the 3rd generation. So my point is, if the 3rd generation is to be remade than why shouldn't the first generation be remade again as well?
because it has already been remade?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

First gen
Second gen

Yes, but no. This would be the first time where a generation to be remade also already contains a remade generation. I'm not saying that they should remake the first generation again by any means. What I am saying is that the remake of the first generation is just as far behind mechanically as the 3rd generation. So my point is, if the 3rd generation is to be remade than why shouldn't the first generation be remade again as well? Its just as far behind mechanically as it, so if the logical step is to remake the 3rd gen to bring it up to a more current model and allow the 4th and 5th gens to interact with it for trading, then logically the 1st generation would need to be remade again as well. And I need to stress I don't think that should happen, a remake of a remake would be a terrible thing, and also, the 1st gen remakes and the 3rd gen though somewhat behind mechanically and graphically, aren't by all that much.

A pokemon for the 3DS? I would love that, just so long as its new. And really I did hate the 3rd gen, it actually turned me off of pokemon for a few years because of how shitty those games were to me. The pokemon were awful, the story sucked, and the fact that it reverted back to 8 badges was a major fail in my opinion. i remember the first time I played gold and silver, and how amazed I was by the fact that I could go back to where I had been before and start a second journey on the same game, there hasn't been an ending after the elite 4 since the second gen thats been as rewarding as that game.
Are you saying that Emerald is a remake? Then I suppose HeartGold and SoulSilver suck hard as well because there's already a Crystal. FireRed, LeafGreen as well because Yellow is a remake.

Misread

As for the two region issue and 16 badges, I'm fine with it. But the way you're saying it is like every single game MUST have 16 badges and MUST revisit an older region. I enjoy Hoenn the way it is. It first introduced trainers using potions when their pokemon's HP is low (although some older gens also heal, they even heal when their HP is full). It was the first ever game that catching a main legendary was such a huge event (in G/S it's just the radio tower and silver/rainbow wing). It was the first game which made me so into pokemon.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

First gen
Second gen

Are you saying that Emerald is a remake? Then I suppose HeartGold and SoulSIlver suck hard as well because there's already a Crystal. FireRed, LeafGreen as well because Yellow is a remake.

As for the two region issue and 16 badges, I'm fine with it. But the way you're saying it is like every single game MUST have 16 badges and MUST revisit an older region. I enjoy Hoenn the way it is. It first introduced trainers using potions when their pokemon's HP is low (although some older gens also heal, they even heal when their HP is full). It was the first ever game that catching a main legendary was such a huge event (in G/S it's just the radio tower and silver/rainbow wing). It was the first game which made me so into pokemon.
no he's saying that ruby/sapphire/emerald was at the same time as firered/leafgreen.
and if ruby/sapphire should be remade, fr/lg should be too.

Shiro09

AAI2 Localisation Team
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
no he's saying that ruby/sapphire/emerald was at the same time as firered/leafgreen.
Thats a good point, but I don't think thats neccesary as they already made a remake for the first gen.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Thats a good point, but I don't think thats neccesary as they already made a remake for the first gen.
i don't think it's a good point, 1st gen already had it's time. and ruby/sapphire i think is for nostalgia purposes mixed/updated with current gen.

OJClock

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the point of the remakes was to introduce new players to the older games.
with the 3ds there's no longer gba compatibility so gamefreak wants its fans who've already played it and are looking to have a new experience to be able to enjoy a game along with new players
hell some of the kids i know who play pokemon call 1st gen 'fire red and leaf green' and some of the younger ones don't even know that ruby/sapphire exist or that ss/hg were remakes at all

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My gosh. I'll fly if it were true.

RS were the first pokemon games I actually completed.
This.

I played RSE as a kid. Sapphire was the first Pokemon game I ever bought, (I never played Gen I or II until after). Sapphire got me into Pokemon, and then I bought Ruby, just for Team Magma and Groudon, then Emerald when it came out. Collectively, I spent over 500 hours on the main Gen II, plus 200 on FR/LG. I loved Gen III. I want a remake of it. Does that make me a criminal? Because the way a few of you are talking it sounds like it does :unsure:

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As much as I loved Sapphire, I dunno if I'd want a remake.
Mainly as I don't have a 3DS :ha:
But seriously.
They'd have to seriously improve it to make it worth playing.
It was a really good game, but it's the same game as all the others, so there'd have to be something new to make it good :D

But still.
IS SHINY

Also I want a remake of Yellow.
First Pokemon game I ever got, hell it was the first game I ever got :wub:

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
I hope if they re-make it they make the Gyms and E4 a bit harder then they were. R/S/E were the only Pokemon Games I was able to breeze through first try, especially Emerald I mean seriously don't give a Level 70 Rayquazza to players BEFORE the Elite 4.

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My gosh. I'll fly if it were true.

RS were the first pokemon games I actually completed.
This.

I played RSE as a kid. Sapphire was the first Pokemon game I ever bought, (I never played Gen I or II until after). Sapphire got me into Pokemon, and then I bought Ruby, just for Team Magma and Groudon, then Emerald when it came out. Collectively, I spent over 500 hours on the main Gen II, plus 200 on FR/LG. I loved Gen III. I want a remake of it. Does that make me a criminal? Because the way a few of you are talking it sounds like it does :unsure:
this, emerald was my 1st 800 hrs in it, then got fire red, awesome games for my 1st handheld(my dad hated them so i could only get one a bit late)

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I hope if they re-make it they make the Gyms and E4 a bit harder then they were. R/S/E were the only Pokemon Games I was able to breeze through first try, especially Emerald I mean seriously don't give a Level 70 Rayquazza to players BEFORE the Elite 4.
I know right?
All you need is Rayquaza and you can go through the E4 in ~3mins ;O;
And you don't take any damage either :| If only there was a Perfect Bonus :rofl2:

Also I want a remake of Yellow.
First Pokemon game I ever got, hell it was the first game I ever got :wub:
we all know third(or whatever you call it) games don't get remakes.... ;O; emerald was the first pokemon game i played.
I knoooooooow, which really sucks ;O;
Yellow was the best out of the 1st Gen :c

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.