Hacking GameCube: which game.iso is which?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Is there a way to tell which game.iso goes with which game? And also the files from the sys folder? I have a USB stick with GameCube games that I was using with my old Wii, and I was going to transfer them over to the SD card I use with my Wii U. But the USB stick got corrupted partway through. I recovered a lot using Recuva, but it just dumped all the files together without preserving the folder structure.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to tell which game.iso goes with which game? And also the files from the sys folder? I have a USB stick with GameCube games that I was using with my old Wii, and I was going to transfer them over to the SD card I use with my Wii U. But the USB stick got corrupted partway through. I recovered a lot using Recuva, but it just dumped all the files together without preserving the folder structure.
Are you planning to use with Nintendon't? You would have to just examine each game or play them somehow to know and then put them in the corectly named folder.

Maybe there is some program that can idenitfy each game, maybe try the dolphin emulator, the loader can identify each game and then you can organnize them into folders that will be easier to recognize.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
D

Deleted User

Try making Dolphin search for the folder it's in (and a layer down) to see all the games

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Personally would probably just use a hex editor (if not using Dolphin as suggested above) and look up the title id personally. Iirc, GC ISO's have their ID at the very beginning of the disc/iso as mentioned above. So you don't even have to search for it in the file really.

PS> If it's a proper iso, the name will be there too.

Last edited by EclipseSin,
Reactions: CJB100 and VinsCool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: get a used series X?