GameCube: which game.iso is which?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Quantumcat, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Quantumcat
    OP

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Is there a way to tell which game.iso goes with which game? And also the files from the sys folder? I have a USB stick with GameCube games that I was using with my old Wii, and I was going to transfer them over to the SD card I use with my Wii U. But the USB stick got corrupted partway through. I recovered a lot using Recuva, but it just dumped all the files together without preserving the folder structure.

2. iCEQB

iCEQB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 2, 2013
    United States
    Try tools like GC Rebuilder.

Quantumcat likes this.
  3. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Are you planning to use with Nintendon't? You would have to just examine each game or play them somehow to know and then put them in the corectly named folder.

Maybe there is some program that can idenitfy each game, maybe try the dolphin emulator, the loader can identify each game and then you can organnize them into folders that will be easier to recognize.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight, Jul 6, 2016
  4. Psi-hate

Psi-hate GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater

Dec 14, 2014
    United States
    Houston
    Open them in a hex editor and it should have the title in the string.

5. SirBeethoven

SirBeethoven Happy holidays!

Nov 26, 2015
    United States
    Try making Dolphin search for the folder it's in (and a layer down) to see all the games

6. EclipseSin

EclipseSin FullMental Trollemist

Apr 1, 2015
    United States
    Vegeta's Hyrule
    Personally would probably just use a hex editor (if not using Dolphin as suggested above) and look up the title id personally. Iirc, GC ISO's have their ID at the very beginning of the disc/iso as mentioned above. So you don't even have to search for it in the file really.

PS> If it's a proper iso, the name will be there too.

Last edited by EclipseSin, Jul 6, 2016
    CJB100 and VinsCool like this.