gamecube on wii U?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by kbf, Jun 11, 2017.

1. kbf
    OP

kbf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    Is there a way I can use my backups on wii U? and what will I need other than a modded Wii U obviously.

2. seam

seam GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 23, 2011
    United States
    austin texas
  3. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Yep. Afaik you'll need the GameCube adapter (obviously because the Wii u has no GameCube ports) but other than that vwii can run GameCube and Wii games.

4. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    an adapter only if you want to use gamecube controllers. others can be used too, read the page.

Jacklack3 likes this.
  5. Jacklack3

Jacklack3 ( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here

Oct 6, 2015
    Canada
    In your basement Dick Size: 5 meters.
    I believe you can actually use just a Wii and Numchuck, you can also use a pro (idk about classic, probably) controller.

6. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    yeah, u can use a wiimote and nunchuk. u can't use a wiimote only, perhaps due to the lack of buttons. I haven't played around with it too much aside from using the pro controller which is pretty awesome considering its battery life. :)

7. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    I just never tried using other controllers. Probably because I already had an adapter and GameCube controller so it just seemed like the best option.

8. kbf
    OP

kbf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    I'm having a problem. I put the Nintendon't folder with the rest of my apps but it's not showing up on the homebrew channel. I can't see it anywhere. I made sure I changed the filename to boot.dol to.

9. godreborn

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    r u sure? without the meta.xml and the icon, the app won't have any appearance in the homebrew channel. r u sure u put it in the apps folder rather than in wiiu/apps also?

10. kbf
    OP

kbf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    Yeah I even copies the folder onto my root and tried putting the file there, nothing. Am I suppose to install the channel shortcut or something to? I have a wad file here but I don't know how to install it.
    https://gyazo.com/5f85dcf4830aca66921433707f8f1390 this correct?

11. godreborn

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    u shouldn't need to, no. yet another wad manager mod is an app that will allow to install that wad on the wii u. I can't recall if it forces u to use a wiimote with motion plus though. I don't think it does if u don't have one, but I'm not sure.

12. kbf
    OP

kbf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    got a link for the WAD installer? but if it's not showing up anyway then the channel shortcut won't work or..

13. godreborn

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    it won't boot the dol or elf file if something is wrong with it. the wad is just a forwarder channel after all. where did u get that nintendont app?

14. kbf
    OP

kbf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
  15. godreborn

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I'm not sure about ur issue. it should work with renaming the file. r u sure something isn't wrong with the sd card? maybe someone else has an idea why it's not showing up. the only thing I can think of is that it's in the wrong folder.

16. kbf
    OP

kbf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    did you see the link I posted earlier? everything was in the ruight folder right?

17. godreborn

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    it looks right which is what I don't understand. can u boot nintendont from say usb loader gx?

18. kbf
    OP

kbf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    This is really starting to get frusterating. I tried moving USBloaderGX in multiple places to try and install it and now that refuses to show up in the HBC now. All my other apps from the past showed up but that won't show up either..

19. godreborn

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    could be something to do with the sd card? I think that's where I got nintendont as well. I've never had issues with it. I would double check ur sd card when booting into the homebrew channel.

20. kbf
    OP

kbf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    Does it have to do with how I saved it maybe? because it said "save link's target as" but all I see is "save link as" so I just saved it that way. But when I checked the final extension it seemed to be the correct one?