Homebrew Gamecube games don't show up on CFG, but wii games do.

bunique

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need help like for real. Wii games are in wbfs folder in usb, gamecube games are in a folder also on the usb called games and my game is an iso named h-setd.iso, what could be the problem?? I'm trying to play spyro enter the dragonfly but when i load cfg and i press b it says no games found? but when i put wii games on my usb it will show up, like super mario galaxy.wbfs, and it is playable too. i know you can play gamecube games on cfg loader with a usb because my friend also has a homebrewed wii, and he played gamecube games on the loader too. wii games show up on cfg loader, but gamecube games never show up i have no idea what the problem is and i dont want to use dios mios app because it doesnt work as well and its annoying to use, is there anyway to make wii and gamecube games show up on CFG usb loader? If your wondering i have a gamecube compatible wii.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.the set up should be
USB:/games/game_ID/game.iso
2 Make sure Dios MIOS is installed
3. Try a different loader such as wiiflow.
4. Try messing with Cfg loader settings so it knows your using Dios MIOS 2.2+ or 2.9+

bunique

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tryed wiiflow, actually it sees it but when i load it it gives me the dios mios screen and says apploader is zero or something like that, because i think dios mios requires you to put in a disk, which i am trying to do with a usb, i have dios mios installed but even when i try that, my games still dont show up this is so weird, maybe i dont have something installed, like wad maybe? and you mean game_id like for example: usb:/games/h-setd_ID/h-setd.iso?

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me use wind waked as an example:

It should be
USB:/games/GZLE01(the games ID code)/game.iso(needs to be name "game.iso")

How are you converting these games with DMLtoolbox or something?
Also on wiiflow make sure that the settings are set to load off the USB1 and not SD and on the bottom right are icons to switch between NAND channels, wii games, emulators, and GameCube games witch you wanna select.

bunique

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay now i dont see any of the games in the cfg loader, wow but it regonizes my flash drive at least i dont know what the problem is, so now i go to Wiiflow, and wah la! my wii games are there and are playable, but when i go to my gamecube game which is spyro enter the dragonfly, when i choose gamecube games, then i click on the game, and when it loads it gives me the dios mios screen, then it gives me an error, which says fatal error: apploader size is zero, what the hell? i put in super mario bros wii to try to see if it could work without it being the real game, but nope nothing yet, just fatal error apploader size is zero, what could be the problem? and no i havent converted my games, i dont think i have to do it because my wii games work on wiiflow, but my gamecube game is an iso, it was originally a gcm, but i converted it to see if it worked, but no like i said, still giving an error. the path structure is right i dont know what the problem is?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
fatal error: apploader size is zero, what the hell?
This means DIOS MIOS didn't mount the ISO.

There are few possible reason, but the most probable one is : You didn't use the correct partition.
Your FAT32 partition need to be the FIRST physical partition on your drive, and set to primary (not extended/logical).
DIOS MIOS doesn't work with other partitions.

Your FAT32 must be formated with cluster size of 32KB or less (not 64KB)
Your Hard Drive MUST be an old one, using 512byte per sector. If it's a new drive (bought less than a year), you probably have a 4096bytes/sector drive and it's not compatible with DIOS MIOS. if your drive is bigger than 2TB it's not compatible.

Wiiflow doesn't have a hardware verification?
USBLoaderGX would tell you if your setup is not good.

Other problem could be:
Verify that your dump is ok, just google for the md5 hash.
Try to install the game again (delete the old folder before)
Your loader is using an incorrect config version
You installed DIOS MIOS and are trying to load a game from SD card
You installed DIOS MIOS Lite and are trying to load a game from an USB device

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop doing drugs