Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Encouraged by darkchen's success, I decided I should try out an idea that has been on my mind for years now. Namely, a way to play Gamecube games on my GBA. Sure, some of you may say it's impossible, that the GBA simply isn't powerful enough to do it, and you might even be right. But I've never let the mere fact that something is entirely impossible stop me. And after I saw how darkchen did it, the solution struck me. Like GBA on DSi, it's entirely possible, all you need is a little extra hardware.

Namely... a GBA TV tuner, a Gamecube, RCA cables, modchip (if you don't want to buy games), and several car batteries to power the whole thing (you can use a power adapter, at the expense of portability, but that defeats the whole point).

Et voilà:

The picture is a bit grainy but you see the general idea. That's Super Mario Sunshine, played on a GBA. In your face everyone who was saying you couldn't play Gamecube on the GBA.

Now, some of you may say that it's not really an emulator, or that it's not being run on a GBA, the GBA only serves as a screen, but I could point out that darkchen's emulator doesn't really run on the DSi, it runs on the iPlayer, which is not a flashcard, it's a friggin' external computer. Which is roughly the equivalent of stuffing a PSP up DSi's butt, hardware wise, and the DSi only serves as a screen (and gamepad). But that doesn't stop anyone from yelling how "all the naysayers were wrong."

As my next project, I'll try running the PS3 on my GBA, in much the same fashion. Hell, the sky's the limit.
gbasp.gif

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm so you just use the GBA as a screen !? (with the Tuner card)
because the GBA Emu for DS is a pure software solution (well it runs from a hardware) but what you´ve done is a totally different thing

worlok375

GBAtemp's prince
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gisel213 said:
pure garbage mods close this crap or maybe ask the guy can he run ps3 on gba XD/FACEPALM.......

"The world is garbage"..........and apparently so is your brain.

On topic: HIGH FIVE (drum beats) HIGH FIVE!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: