mixinluv2u

OP
Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
i am thinking about investing in a couple of Gamecube controllers for my Wii, are they worth it? if so, what brand should i look for? i research a bit on amazon and most of the review on 3rd party controllers seems to be kind of crappy.

what games take advantage of Gamecube controllers? i only heard of people talking about using it with Super Smash Bro., and read a review saying that using it with Castlevania Judgement makes it a little easier. Will Tatsunoko vs Capcom be able to use Gamecube controller with it? i am sure that'll beat using nunchuck + wiimote.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 can use them. And Mario Kart.
And gamecube games themselves of course. There are quite a lot of them that are definitely worth buying - or downloading.

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can find the official nintendo silver wired gc controllers all over for $20 new now. If you can, get wavebirds they are awesome. They only cost $35 US when they came out, so I can't imagine they'd be that expensive. Steer clear of 3rd party controllers, they aren't even that good of a deal anymore. However, some people I know actually like to get like 1 3rd party one that has macro/turbo just for fun, but generally they suck.

Oh, and steer away from 3rd party wireless controllers at all costs. My friend bought 3 madcats a while ago, and they all broke within a month, plus they look really ugly lol.

I have 4 GC controllers + a classic controller and use the GC's for Metal Slug Anthology, Mario Kart, and SSBB, and the classic for retro VC (GC sucks for SNES games). Btw, I don't know anyone who plays SSBB with WiiMote, do you or do you just not have it?

dukenukethis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Def go first party, I don't think I've ever liked a third party controller over first party on any console, and Gamecube official controllers come in a bunch of different colors so you can still have variety.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Anywhere in melbourne selling new or good condition used official GC controllers?

I'm looking for 2 of them
smile.gif

DrHectic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's probably better to get a new one, since used ones (may) have been subjected to hours of use and have dodgy joysticks.

I bought one of those new official nintendo reissue white gamecube controllers from play asia after my other two died from too much smash. The new ones also have a 3m (10ft) long cord, and match the wii.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
dmonkey21 said:
You can find the official nintendo silver wired gc controllers all over for $20 new now. If you can, get wavebirds they are awesome. They only cost $35 US when they came out, so I can't imagine they'd be that expensive. Steer clear of 3rd party controllers, they aren't even that good of a deal anymore. However, some people I know actually like to get like 1 3rd party one that has macro/turbo just for fun, but generally they suck.

Oh, and steer away from 3rd party wireless controllers at all costs. My friend bought 3 madcats a while ago, and they all broke within a month, plus they look really ugly lol.

I have 4 GC controllers + a classic controller and use the GC's for Metal Slug Anthology, Mario Kart, and SSBB, and the classic for retro VC (GC sucks for SNES games). Btw, I don't know anyone who plays SSBB with WiiMote, do you or do you just not have it?

Please tell me where you can find some Official Nintendo GC controllers for 20 $, I haven't found any sites yet....

Anyone has experience with the D3MON GC controller?

I'm prolly gonna buy two official White GC controllers from Play Asia.

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 wireless controllers and 2 wired controllers.

One wireless is an official wavebird, and it is perfect except for the lack of rumble. The other wireless is a Hip Gear Cube 3rd party controller, and it works great. The joysticks are a little bit sensitive, but you get used to it. It has a macro and turbo mode. The turbo comes in handy when you are playing, say a trigger happy shooting game. The dual vibration motors are great as well. Not many wireless controllers have rumble.

One of my wired controllers is an official black controller. The wired official controllers are definitely the best quality controllers you can buy. They are perfect. The other wired controller I have is a 3rd party Mad Catz controller. It works fine and has a macro mode. It also has a longer cord, which I like, but I definitely prefer the official controller over any other wired controller.

Bottom line, if you want an absolutely great wireless controller with rumble, then definitely go with the Hip Gear Cube. I highly recommend it. The Wavebird works perfectly, as good as an official gamecube controller, except that there is no rumble. As for wired, go with the official controller and get an extention if you want a longer cord. The 3rd party controllers are no match for the official ones, unless you need macro.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Bladexdsl said:
2 words e-bay

I've found it after some time Googling, it's actually pretty hard to find!
I've read somewhere it's around 5-6 feet (= 1,5 metres)
So that's extremely short....
It's like 3 metres from my Wii to my seat, so I'm gonna need a Extension cable
frown.gif

Anyone got experience with VPGames.com?
Their prices are extremely low, like 2 GC controllers (official) for like 22 dollars!

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
Their prices are extremely low, like 2 GC controllers (official) for like 22 dollars!

Looks to me like the "official" controllers are 2 for $29.85. (LINK)
All the other controllers on that site say "aftermarket" = not "official"

Notice also that these are sold as "open-box" which generally means used.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
gratefulbuddy said:
Satangel said:

Looks to me like the "official" controllers are 2 for $29.85. (LINK)
All the other controllers on that site say "aftermarket" = not "official"

Notice also that these are sold as "open-box" which generally means used.

Ah, I didn't know the meaning of 'aftermarket'.
What does it exactly mean?

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
Ah, I didn't know the meaning of 'aftermarket'.
What does it exactly mean?
QUOTEaf?ter?mar?ket?
–noun 1. the market for replacement parts, accessories, and equipment for the care or enhancement of the original product,...
dictionary.com

In the US, when used like this, it means a replacement that is not made by the original manufacturer. Although, some of these original manufacturers contribute to the aftermarket as well, that is not what is meant on the site you linked to. The telling part there is the price difference between the "official" and the "aftermarket" pieces. Although to be fair that site is a little more up front about disclosing the origin of their products than a lot I've seen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-