Hardware Gamecube Controllers now work on switch with all games through official wii u smash bros adapter

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yeah, ok... Kerbal hack program, whatever.
Go build your heaven piercing hack stacking together some burning GC controllers.
I already did, you only have to plug a gamecube controller using a Fat PSVita AC adapter, put your thumb up your butt, and press the home button on the gamecube controller, that way it installs rohan on your switch no matter the firmware (trust me, my dad works at nintendo)

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I already did, you only have to plug a gamecube controller using a Fat PSVita AC adapter, put your thumb up your butt, and press the home button on the gamecube controller, that way it installs rohan on your switch no matter the firmware (trust me, my dad works at nintendo)
Just checked! It really works!

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ctZLjx3.gif

(I just really wanted to post this).

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Am I the only one who can't get this to work?
I'm on 4.0.0. Official Wii U Gamecube adapter. I've tried my Wavebird, an old GameCube Controller from release, and a Smash GC controller. Nothing works. I've tried connecting both the USB plugs, tried only the black one, tried different ports etc, nothing. I went to the connect controllers menu and pressed L and R, like GameXplain shows, on all my attempts..
Wavebird connector isn't giving any signal either.

Has anyone gotten it to work on a European unit?

Edit: Nevermind. This comment helped me: "If anyone's having trouble, go to settings and enable wired communication. Then proceed to the "change grip order" screen and hold +/- on your joycon/pro until you get the search screen. Then press B to close. After I did that, it picked up my GCN controller as a usb controller."

Last edited by Shadowfied,
Reactions: Xabring

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I tried this several times and couldn't get it to work. But then I tried with my left thumb and boom!

Reactions: AxlSt00pid

jefffisher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Am I the only one who can't get this to work?
I'm on 4.0.0. Official Wii U Gamecube adapter. I've tried my Wavebird, an old GameCube Controller from release, and a Smash GC controller. Nothing works. I've tried connecting both the USB plugs, tried only the black one, tried different ports etc, nothing. I went to the connect controllers menu and pressed L and R, like GameXplain shows, on all my attempts..
Wavebird connector isn't giving any signal either.

Has anyone gotten it to work on a European unit?

Edit: Nevermind. This comment helped me: "If anyone's having trouble, go to settings and enable wired communication. Then proceed to the "change grip order" screen and hold +/- on your joycon/pro until you get the search screen. Then press B to close. After I did that, it picked up my GCN controller as a usb controller."

Thanks for highlighting this. Also had problems, FUNNILY ALSO THOUGHT IT WAS ABOUT MY EUROPEAN BLOOD, and also fixed it with this thing. Weird that I had wired communications enabled but it needed that controller search thing.
Rumble doesn't work even with the extra power connected and all which is sad. But now that huge pokken community can go forth with cube controllers and become the next smash community!

Reactions: Shadowfied

SonicMC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that, I was just sharing that with the person who asked me about it. Is fine if you like using what you want to. Maybe you can tell him that. :)

I think the mayflash magic-ns works great (used it with wii u pro and xbox one bt controller)! Just be aware of the limitations, Need 1 magic-ns adapter per controller/player, Make sure you update the firmware (original FW was pretty bad with the sticks not working right), the sync button is really small and hard to press (if you don't sync different controllers or change modes often then not a problem) edit: also needs to be docked as it uses regular usb, probably forgetting some other limitation, let me know if you know.

Overall, I am loving being able to use so many different controllers with the switch: Pokken, Hori USB, switch pro, Joy-cons, with magic ns-adapter (wii u pro, ps3, xbox one bt, ps4, xbox 360 wired) and now with gc adapter making gamecube controllers possible.

Last edited by SonicMC,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the mayflash magic-ns works great (used it with wii u pro and xbox one bt controller)! Just be aware of the limitations, Need 1 magic-ns adapter per controller/player, Make sure you update the firmware (original FW was pretty bad with the sticks not working right), the sync button is really small and hard to press (if you don't sync different controllers or change modes often then not a problem) edit: also needs to be docked as it uses regular usb, probably forgetting some other limitation, let me know if you know.

Overall, I am loving being able to use so many different controllers with the switch: Pokken, Hori USB, switch pro, Joy-cons, with magic ns-adapter (wii u pro, ps3, xbox one bt, ps4, xbox 360 wired) and now with gc adapter making gamecube controllers possible.
Thank you for sharing that. :ninja:

jefffisher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you guys think this means nintendo will start selling gamecube controllers again?
i have a brand new backup gamecube controller in my closet incase one of mine ever breaks in my closet.
i could sell it right now for $100 and probably buy 4 replacements for it if nintendo starts selling again.
but i don't want to risk it and end up having to buy a new one for $200 later on.

Retrovkit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
do you guys think this means nintendo will start selling gamecube controllers again?
i have a brand new backup gamecube controller in my closet incase one of mine ever breaks in my closet.
i could sell it right now for $100 and probably buy 4 replacements for it if nintendo starts selling again.
but i don't want to risk it and end up having to buy a new one for $200 later on.

I'd say it's basically guaranteed that Nintendo will produce new ones as soon as they announce the new Smash Bros or GC VC. The adapter will be sold again then under the Switch branding for sure as well.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)