Hacking gamecube controller support with usb loader?

TonyTheTiger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed this guide here so that way I could play wii ISO's off of my USB hard drive.

http://www.mikeandheth.com/games/97-connec...hard-drive.html

Almost everything worked out great. The wii iso's load fine, all the games work. But theres a problem I've been having.
The gamecube controllers wont work at all. Its like the gamecube controller slots were turned off. They work with other games like zelda ocarina of time (virtual console) and the gamecube controller also works with games loaded normally (actual disc).

They just dont seem to work through the usb loader.

They wont work with mario kart wii or Super smash bros. Brawl, which is reallllllllly necessary.

I tried a bunch of different things but nothing seemed to work. I tried all the gamecube slots, I tried different cios rev files like rev9, rev 10, rev 13 (installing 1 over the other). I tried a few different usb loaders but all had the same results.

Does anyone know how to fix this??

Dinoguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do they work via disk?What version of usb loader are you using since nothing should affect the gc controllers.
In SSBB did you try checking if player 2 used the gc controller if there are wiimotes connected,that goes forst than gc controllers(2 wiimotes,1 gc controller,its player 3)
If you have 4 wiimotes it'll ignore the gc controller in ssbb.
You can use it in vc/wiiware, since no wiimotes are used in those games,thus not using wiimote over gc controller.

TonyTheTiger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dinoguy said:
Do they work via disk?What version of usb loader are you using since nothing should affect the gc controllers.
In SSBB did you try checking if player 2 used the gc controller if there are wiimotes connected,that goes forst than gc controllers(2 wiimotes,1 gc controller,its player 3)
If you have 4 wiimotes it'll ignore the gc controller in ssbb.
You can use it in vc/wiiware, since no wiimotes are used in those games,thus not using wiimote over gc controller.
Well my wii cant read discs anymore just recently. But everything else works fine, and the gamecube controllers work with everything but the usb loader, so i know its not broken there or anything.

I have used different usb loaders, its hard to say the versions of all of them.
-I used the one in the guide in the first post, which says "The USB Loader - Current Stable Version: 1.5".
-I have another wad here called "USB Loader-USBF VForwarder.wad".
-I tried this one "V7.4 including source (version based on 1.5" found here http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147085.

-And my newest usb loader i have is USB_Loader_GX-ULNR-r468.rar found here
http://www.ps3news.com/forums/wii-news/wii...d-105559-5.html
It seems to be pretty new.

Only 1 wiimote is always connected so its not that.
QUOTE(ineedhelpbad @ Jun 10 2009, 12:10 AM) ive heard that wavebirds need to be pluged in before you turn your wii on in order to work you might want to try that
They are wired gamecube controllers. I also tried having them unplugged before starting the usb loader, etc.

Its weird its like the gamecube controller slots are being turned off whenever i load a game thru the usb loader.
I also tried searching but no one else seems to have this problem so I dont know how to fix it..

TonyTheTiger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mikeyt1998 said:
no issues with SSBB GC Controller on Rev_9 using USB Loader 1.1.

i find that rev_9 is the best to use, havent test GC controller with MKWii though coz i always use the wiimote lol
ill try out rev9 and usb loader 1.1 and let you know what happens.

TonyTheTiger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i tried rev 9 (installed over rev10, thats the proper way to install it right?) along with usb loader 1.1 and the gamecube controllers still wont work in super smash bros brawl or mario kart
frown.gif
. Thats like the 6th usb loader i've tried so it cant be that.

How do you check to see if your wii was updated correctly with cios rev 9 or 10 btw? It said it was installed fine but i dont know where to check for a version #.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hmm, i cant see what the problem is then...

my exact steps to update from 3.2 to 4.0 with GC controller working was:

installed cIOS_rev9
update via Nintendo
installed cIOSCORP (the IOS used in this all have the trucha bug)
then installed preloader 0.29 to patch IOS60

then started using USB loader 1.1

i use it from a channel though, it's called 'USB LOADER 1.1 PAL-WADS.wad' but that channel wouldnt work if ur NTSC and i wouldnt know where to go to get it anymore XD

another loader i used was usb loader GX and everything works fine

oxMUDxo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mikeyt1998 said:

i find that rev_9 is the best to use, havent test GC controller with MKWii though coz i always use the wiimote lol
Same here, SSBB gave me no problems with a GameCube controler..I use USB-Loader 1.5 my system menu was 3.2U at the time and I have cIOS rev10 installed..
I never had any problems......?

I need to get that MK Armageddon on Wii, dose it look any better on the Wii than the Xbox...? I love me some MK!.
smile.gif

TonyTheTiger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm so is it safe to update through nintendo after rev 9 or rev 10 is installed?
I dont want to lose the homebrew abilities.
Thats 1 thing i did not do yet, i didnt see it mentioned in some of the guides.

"installed cIOSCORP (the IOS used in this all have the trucha bug)"
I didnt do that either, what is this for?

"then installed preloader 0.29 to patch IOS60"
I dont believe i saw this either.

Where can I grab all these files and instuctions??
smile.gif

oxMUDxo said:
mikeyt1998 said:

Same here, SSBB gave me no problems with a GameCube controler..I use USB-Loader 1.5 my system menu was 3.2U at the time and I have cIOS rev10 installed..
yea thats where im at.
3.2 U, tried cios rev 9 and 10, and a bunch of usb loaders.

oxMUDxo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the best way to upgrade in my opinion..

Theres always a chance for a brick so we'll install BootMii first!!!!

1st. Get HackMii 0.2, IOS60 Patch and cIOS rev10.

UPDATE WII 4.0

1. Install BootMii to boot2 if you're Wii is old enough it can...,Then back up you're Wiis NAND using BootMii.
"If you brick you're Wii durning the update BootMii and the Nand backup might (99% if its installed on boot2) fix it"

2. Install cIOS rev10.
"Its my favorite"

3. Use Wininkoko 4.0 updater..
"You need to have WiFi and the Wii online for Wininkoko 4.0 updater to work, but its the best way to update it only installes the stuff you need.."

4. Then install the IOS60 Patch..
"It helps you to run WiiWare and VC games off the SD Card...I think."

!!!!Also it can take 30+ minutes to do Wininkoko 4.0 updater.!!!!
!!!DON'T TURN OFF THE WII WHILE UPDATING OR YOU'LL HAVE A FULL BRICK!!!

--EDIT--
Every one ask how to upgrade so I keep this quick guide its how to do it in a nut shell if you need more help just ask

TonyTheTiger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oxMUDxo said:
If you brick you're Wii durning the update BootMii and the Nand backup might (99% if its installed on boot2) fix it"
do you have proper instructions for that part also, in case the wii is bricked? :x

Is it safer to just do through the update thru nintendo after cios rev 9 to avoid the chances of bricking?

QUOTE(oxMUDxo @ Jun 10 2009, 07:10 PM) -"4. Then install the IOS60 Patch..
-"It helps you to run WiiWare and VC games off the SD Card...I think."
what file is this? cant find it.

oxMUDxo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you install BootMii and restart the Wii you'll see the bootMii screen there you can make a NAND backup and if a brick ochres you can install the NAND back up to recover to when the back up was made..

So if you where 3.2U made a NAND back up then updated to 4.0 then bricked the Wii you'll be back at 3.2U after installing the NAND..

Its easy you just need to install BootMii to "BOOT2" and 550mb of free space on the SD Card..
Pray you can install it to boot2 and not IOS, boot2 gives the best protection..

The IOS60 patch is not the same thing as cIOS rev10 but I think Pre Loader v29 patches it too.

TonyTheTiger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok if theres anything else that would help lemme know.
Ill try to do this stuff within the next day or 2 and let you know how it went.
Thx for the help so far.

Tony_11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im having the same prob,
Ive tried:
Usb loader GX
Usb loader 1.5
Usb loader 1.0
Usb loader 1.1
Ultimate Usb Loader 7.something?
Configurable Usb loader
Hermes Uloader
some other random ones
and

Rev_9
Rev_10
Rev_13b
Cios 249
Cios 222

nothing has worked for me

im ruing 3.2u, should i upgrade? safely though.

TonyTheTiger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was getting ready to try out a bunch of new files to see if they work,
and my wii suddenly recognized the gamecube controllers.
The weirdest thing..

But now in smash brothers brawl, i cant save repays to my wii (they dont show up), only to the SD card.
Another thing to figure out..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste