Hacking Gamecube Backup Launcher 0.2 Need Help

skadi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, I checked the forums already and I couldn't find my answer.

So for the past 3-4 hours, I have been trying to get this GCBL to work. It got dozens of errors so far, and I've been fixing them one by one but I always seem to get a new error.

My latest error, is that it says "The game disc could not be read" on Pokemon XD. Previously, it would be black and white, have a bunch of DVD errors, restart and not show any menu at the gamecube backup launcher.
I have not played a single game yet.

What do you think I should do guys? My game is burned on ImgBurn at 2x on a DVD+R Memorex.
My system is 4.2U with trucha bug restored. I have attempted Neogamma r9 beta 4 and gamecube backup launcher. My ios is on 249.

Should I look for another Pokemon XD iso and see if "bad iso" is the case?

skystealer

Muah~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skadi said:

So for the past 3-4 hours, I have been trying to get this GCBL to work. It got dozens of errors so far, and I've been fixing them one by one but I always seem to get a new error.

My latest error, is that it says "The game disc could not be read" on Pokemon XD. Previously, it would be black and white, have a bunch of DVD errors, restart and not show any menu at the gamecube backup launcher.

What do you think I should do guys? My game is burned on ImgBurn at 2x on a DVD+R Memorex.
My system is 4.2U with trucha bug restored. I have attempted Neogamma r9 beta 4 and gamecube backup launcher. My ios is on 249.

Um, anybody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you're not supposed to use DVD+R with Gamecube on Wii.

skadi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skystealer said:
skadi said:

Um, anybody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you're not supposed to use DVD+R with Gamecube on Wii.

really? nobody said anything about DVD+R being non compatible for gamecube backups

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DVD+Rs are fine, if you bitset them to dvd-rom. If you got the game to work once in black&white, i would say the bitsetting was done here.

But 2x burn speed on DVD+R is a really bad idea for 2 reasons:
- Burning slow creates bad burns nowadays, burn at least 4x
- 2x is a DVD-R burning speed, 2.4x is a DVD+R burning speed

About your problems:
1. Install cIOS56rev20
2. Install the cMIOS from the NeoGamma R9 beta thread
3. Get the latest NeoGamma R9 beta and set the GC mode to internal

Why 1?
Because some cIOS are not GC compatible and/or cause issues on gamecube games. I'm using cIOS56rev20 myself, so i can tell that it works for gamecube games

Why 2?
1. Waninkoko's cMIOS is not compatible with NeoGamma's or WiiGator's GC loader. You might be able to boot it 1/10 times or something in that direction, but it's not really supposed to work.
2. The cMIOS from the installer i made seems to be more stable than WiiGator's original cMIOS.

Why 3?
I made some improvements in GC backup loading, and all of them are only available when using the latest NeoGamma + GC mode internal

Jojse

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the info WiiPower, it helped me to
smile.gif
Much better when I installed cIOS56rev20.

skadi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for the information WiiPower.

my tsstcorp burner will absolutely NOT allow me to change booktype on imgburn under toshiba.

but i guess thats a whole different situation. thanks for the help man

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY