GameCube Backup Launcher 0.1 Xi

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to use this to load gc homebrew?
What I would like to do is load the gcars (GameCube Action Replay Simulator) dol before loading a game. I know that multi-disc support is now available, so the only question is how to just load a dol. As an idea for a future release, it would be cool if when you loaded a gamecube game using your laoder, and you held x or something it would just load gcars from the system or something (the dol is only like 68k). Thanks for any help.

Buzbee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can load dols off sd card with this program: use sdload for GC (requires sd gecko) with original/backup copy of AR. You will need to put in an long AR code. This will allow you to load dols off sd card.

You can also load dols from your max drive memory card with this program and an original max drive CD. I don't think a backup copy exists. Use patched Mios v4 so it will recognize datel discs.

Yes, you can play GC isos off of sd card: You don't need this program but the GC homebrew loader by Mega Man/ Hell Hibou. Just make sdboot 4.0 final your "start.dol" on your root. You can also load any other dol naming it as start .dol. You can choose which dol to load using later versions by Hell hibou.

earthworm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I realize that the main point of the new loader appears to be multi disk support and some other fixes (eg. game saves); however, there is a noticible increase in compatibility, for instance, wave race now works
yaypsp.gif
Good Work!

Nguman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey is it possible for me to play a pal gamecube iso on a USA wii or do I have to do somethign with that iso to make it work on the wii?

Buzbee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
earthworm: yes there was an increase in compatibility mainly with the games that use streaming audio, but usually they play without BGM.

Ntsc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tested Multi-Game Iso with MGS Twin Snakes US (both disks and Monkey ball PAL) and Disk Switching works fine. Game continues just like normal. So far no issues at all with the game. Maybe bit longer initial loading screen from Konami Logo but beyond that works great.

Monkey Ball PAL has no background as above poster mentions but works fine on my 3.3U Wii without using the patched MIOS.

WiiFSA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nguman said:
Hey is it possible for me to play a pal gamecube iso on a USA wii or do I have to do somethign with that iso to make it work on the wii?

I was wondering that too.
unsure.gif

Since my two pal backups don't have video just audio.

LegendaryXM90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, WiiGator, it seems that the 30 read retries you said the loader would do on a DRE never happen. I keep getting a DRE in POP2 during one of the cutscenes, and I don't see any sign of the re-reading anywhere. Wii doesn't make any noise, and re-inserting the disc just gives a blackscreen.

shado blackstar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Great stuff. Even if Ika isn't working fully, it's working better than before. Resets instead of giving an error, so if you get a random lockup, you can go back and try it again.

kevenz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
naughtynazgul said:
Star fox Adventures still doesn't work for me at all. I can hear sound and music but i can't see any video. I've tried forcing NTSC, PAL60.

I got the same problem, I can hear audio but can't see the video, I have NTSC starfox + NTSC tv, I tried all the boot method, nothing work.

I can't get Waverace blue storm to work either.

I'm using mios v8 and the game is shrunk on a multigame disc (not sure if it change anything).

Any solutions?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: gimme