Gamecube and +R's?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by VashTS, Dec 30, 2009.

1. VashTS
    OP

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    Anyone know if gamecube backup launcher works with +R's? I got a bunch for christmas, as in laws never know what to get! I was thinking of burning some GC stuff, do I have to set booktype to DVD-ROM? I'm probably going to burn single games, the compressed and mutli games always have problems. I'll test later and let everyone know what I find out.

2. Dinoguy

Dinoguy GBAtemp Regular

Nov 13, 2008
    United States
    If you us +R's it will slowly kill your Dvd drive since wii's weren't made to read +R(were made to read -R type of disk)
    It'll work but your drive will die out if uesd to much, Multigame iso's work fine for me ,it seems like a waste to only burn a 1.4 gb or less onto a 4.7 gb disk.

Edit: Use fstfix to uncompress those gc iso's

3. VashTS
    OP

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    there are quite a few games that have compat issues when on multi iso and shrunken. these +r's will be used for data backups and possibly a couple movies otherwise, I only put wii games on -r. i don't play GC games that much I just want to build up a collection.

4. Covarr

Covarr Sentient Cash Register

Oct 21, 2005
    United States
    Far East of Eden
    I advise against it. Even with the booktype set, there are a few games that don't work at all on DVD+R.