Gameboy Micro Screw

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by madeinair, Apr 17, 2014.

1. madeinair
    OP

madeinair Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hi Guys, I've had a japanese black GBM for a while now, however my A button stopped working properly (always requires to be pushed in further to work), I thought it might be the contacts that need cleaning so I tried opening the GBM.
    Went through a full set of tri-wing screw drivers, kept trying and trying until I ended up stipping the screws of the GBM, finally finding a screw that would have opening the micro but it's too late since the screws are stripped beyond repair.
    My question is, could I do anything to open the GBM (even though the screws are screwed xD), I've tried methods like using a rubber band, an eraser which really didn't work.
    Let me know if there's anything I can do to unscrew these screws, which (if possible) I'm planning to buy small clock screws that will replace these tri-wings with phillips screws.

2. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    besides using a drill to make a hole on the screws.. i don't know any methods, i also screwed a lot of screws before..

but how did you "screw" them? you tried to use a wrong screwdriver?

3. madeinair
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2011
    Yep, basically went through 5 different screw drivers, with each attempt the screw got worse..
    Until I found the 6th screw driver (which fits perfectly with screw at back of battery), but sadly all the screws are messed up.

4. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    You'll need a stripped screw removal kit, alternatively, you'll have to drill through the head and then use pliers to remove the rest of the screw.

5. madeinair
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2011
    Can i find stripped screw removal kit for such small screws ?
    Edit: Actually just thought of a great idea, applying glue between the screw and a screw driver (I dont mind disposing), after the glue settles I can unscrew it properly. Great idea RIGHT ??

6. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States