Game uses wrong save file

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by ShadowCrush, Aug 18, 2014.

1. ShadowCrush
    OP

ShadowCrush Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2011
    Hello people, I have a problem. I've loaded Guitar Hero 2 (a mod of GH3 with the GH2 titles) onto a USB using Wii Backup Manager, but when I run the game on the machine, it keeps using my Guitar Hero 3 save file, which apparently means that the song slots are kinda loaded by both games, meaning that if I complete the first song on one game, the first song on the other will also be completed, bespite it being two different songs.

I've tried changing the game title in Wii Backup Manager, and then later tried changing both ID and title with WII ISO Renamer V3. It seem to realises that it's not a differet game, as USB Loader GX tells me the play-count of GH2 is 0, but it still uses the old save file regardless. Any suggestions?

One more thing, though on a slightly different subject, can anyone tell me how I get covers to work?

Thanks in advance!

2. NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    I would avoid anything involving ISOs, Riivolution is much better and has the option to do what you ask - it can save the data to a USB/SD.

3. ShadowCrush
    OP

ShadowCrush Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2011
    Realised my thread is misplaced, sorry about that. Mods are free to move it to Wii Hacking discussion, rather than Wii U. My bad.

Anyway, as Guitar Hero 2 is not an official game for it Wii, it does not seem to be usable with Riivolution, so I'll have to use an ISO.