Hacking Game Updating, Install OK Screen

worthyone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, Question:

I was able to successfully download the game update via NusGrabber. However - when installing on wupinstaller, I would get the "Install OK." screen. I went to sleep and woke up about 4 hours later to check the update and the data was corrupted...(The file was about 2.4 gigs so this is strange, I think.)

Now, I've heard that the update can still be successful even if the 'Install OK.' screen appears. Is this correct? I've followed the guide where I load payload twice, but still no go...tried this a few times. Would it be different if I localhost the files? (blocking wii u update servers with TubeHax)

I know that in the past people use to go to EclipseSin's site and loaded something called 'kernel exploit' or something before loading WUP Installer second. (particularly referencing Eric Zander's guide) However, EclipseSin's site is down and that method seems to be outdated/unavailable now...Any advice please? Using a TOSHIBA 8GB SDHC.

Best regards.

Last edited by worthyone,

CableLeecher

640K ought to be enough for anyone
Trophies
EARTH | SOL-SYSTEM | SECTOR 001 | ALPHA QUADRANT
XP
Country
Gambia, The
make sure that you just downloaded the update without decrypting it at the same time.
if you are on 5.4.0 then you might need to use a special version of wupinstaller that I have seen 1-2 weeks ago somewhere in a post here.

Unfortunately I can't remember where exactly, as I'm on 5.3.2 I only needed the regular version

Cheers, CableLeecher

worthyone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
make sure that you just downloaded the update without decrypting it at the same time.
if you are on 5.4.0 then you might need to use a special version of wupinstaller that I have seen 1-2 weeks ago somewhere in a post here.

Unfortunately I can't remember where exactly, as I'm on 5.3.2 I only needed the regular version

Cheers, CableLeecher

I'm also on 5.3.2 but with a spoofed 5.5.1

btw - do you get a Install OK screen?

Last edited by worthyone,

CableLeecher

640K ought to be enough for anyone
Trophies
EARTH | SOL-SYSTEM | SECTOR 001 | ALPHA QUADRANT
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm also on 5.3.2 but with a spoofed 5.5.1

btw - do you get a Install OK screen?

Nope, I use a different approach.
I'd setup,the energy settings with auto-off after 1 hour.
The Wii U installer process is so smart, that it never would shut down the console while it's still installing.
Most people get corrupted data because they don't wait long enough for the update to be installed properly.
This happens often with large updates. 256mb of update data can take sometimes over 30mins to install if there are lots of small files in the update.
With my method you are on the safe side, as the console shuts down safely after the installation process is finished and you won't see the Install OK screen.
If the console is still running then the installation is not 100% finished.

BTW: I don't use the FW Spoof because it's unclear if Nintendo is able to flag/ban the console when they get the chance to read out the logfiles if the DNS Trick (TubeHax) fails.
Therefore I'm selfhosting on a ez Share WiFi-SD Adapter to prevent any connectivity to the internet.

I hope this helps a bit.

On my way to work now. Take care guys.

Last edited by CableLeecher,

AdamCoulthard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
i tell u the best way and i had same problem with that wupinstaller.com site... Goto http://exploit.wiiubrew.net/ on wiiu ofc, click on Kernel ( top left ) use this untill it works ( it will says success! ) then click on Wup installer under the payloads part, then click wii menu and wait, dont touch anything wait 30 mins etc

Reactions: worthyone

worthyone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope, I use a different approach.
I'd setup,the energy settings with auto-off after 1 hour.
The Wii U installer process is so smart, that it never would shut down the console while it's still installing.
Most people get corrupted data because they don't wait long enough for the update to be installed properly.
This happens often with large updates. 256mb of update data can take sometimes over 30mins to install if there are lots of small files in the update.
With my method you are on the safe side, as the console shuts down safely after the installation process is finished and you won't see the Install OK screen.
If the console is still running then the installation is not 100% finished.

BTW: I don't use the FW Spoof because it's unclear if Nintendo is able to flag/ban the console when they get the chance to read out the logfiles if the DNS Trick (TubeHax) fails.
Therefore I'm selfhosting on a ez Share WiFi-SD Adapter to prevent any connectivity to the internet.

I hope this helps a bit.

On my way to work now. Take care guys.

Wow! That energy saver thing is a good idea. I'll try that!

i tell u the best way and i had same problem with that wupinstaller.com site... Goto http://exploit.wiiubrew.net/ on wiiu ofc, click on Kernel ( top left ) use this untill it works ( it will says success! ) then click on Wup installer under the payloads part, then click wii menu and wait, dont touch anything wait 30 mins etc

Thanks!! You're a lifesaver if this works. Gonna try it when I get home.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Kafluke,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since this wasn't mentioned yet...

2.4 GB seems far too large for an update. I bet you used the wrong Title ID and downloaded the actual game data (update Title ID is very similar).

Reactions: Kafluke

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o