Game Updating, Install OK Screen

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by worthyone, Feb 23, 2016.

1. worthyone
    OP

worthyone Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2016
    Hi all, Question:

I was able to successfully download the game update via NusGrabber. However - when installing on wupinstaller, I would get the "Install OK." screen. I went to sleep and woke up about 4 hours later to check the update and the data was corrupted...(The file was about 2.4 gigs so this is strange, I think.)

Now, I've heard that the update can still be successful even if the 'Install OK.' screen appears. Is this correct? I've followed the guide where I load payload twice, but still no go...tried this a few times. Would it be different if I localhost the files? (blocking wii u update servers with TubeHax)

I know that in the past people use to go to EclipseSin's site and loaded something called 'kernel exploit' or something before loading WUP Installer second. (particularly referencing Eric Zander's guide) However, EclipseSin's site is down and that method seems to be outdated/unavailable now...Any advice please? Using a TOSHIBA 8GB SDHC.

Best regards.

Last edited by worthyone, Feb 23, 2016
  2. CableLeecher

CableLeecher 640K ought to be enough for anyone

Feb 15, 2016
    Gambia, The
    EARTH | SOL-SYSTEM | SECTOR 001 | ALPHA QUADRANT
    make sure that you just downloaded the update without decrypting it at the same time.
    if you are on 5.4.0 then you might need to use a special version of wupinstaller that I have seen 1-2 weeks ago somewhere in a post here.

Unfortunately I can't remember where exactly, as I'm on 5.3.2 I only needed the regular version

Cheers, CableLeecher

3. worthyone
    OP

worthyone Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2016
    I'm also on 5.3.2 but with a spoofed 5.5.1

btw - do you get a Install OK screen?

Last edited by worthyone, Feb 23, 2016
  4. CableLeecher

CableLeecher 640K ought to be enough for anyone

Feb 15, 2016
    Gambia, The
    EARTH | SOL-SYSTEM | SECTOR 001 | ALPHA QUADRANT
    Nope, I use a different approach.
    I'd setup,the energy settings with auto-off after 1 hour.
    The Wii U installer process is so smart, that it never would shut down the console while it's still installing.
    Most people get corrupted data because they don't wait long enough for the update to be installed properly.
    This happens often with large updates. 256mb of update data can take sometimes over 30mins to install if there are lots of small files in the update.
    With my method you are on the safe side, as the console shuts down safely after the installation process is finished and you won't see the Install OK screen.
    If the console is still running then the installation is not 100% finished.

BTW: I don't use the FW Spoof because it's unclear if Nintendo is able to flag/ban the console when they get the chance to read out the logfiles if the DNS Trick (TubeHax) fails.
    Therefore I'm selfhosting on a ez Share WiFi-SD Adapter to prevent any connectivity to the internet.

I hope this helps a bit.

On my way to work now. Take care guys.

Last edited by CableLeecher, Feb 23, 2016
  5. AdamCoulthard

AdamCoulthard Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2012
    i tell u the best way and i had same problem with that wupinstaller.com site... Goto http://exploit.wiiubrew.net/ on wiiu ofc, click on Kernel ( top left ) use this untill it works ( it will says success! ) then click on Wup installer under the payloads part, then click wii menu and wait, dont touch anything wait 30 mins etc

worthyone likes this.
  6. worthyone
    OP

worthyone Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2016
    Wow! That energy saver thing is a good idea. I'll try that!

Thanks!! You're a lifesaver if this works. Gonna try it when I get home.

7. FunThomas

FunThomas GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2016
    Gambia, The
  8. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Last edited by Kafluke, Feb 23, 2016
  9. fiveighteen

fiveighteen High Hopes and Low Expectations

Jun 30, 2008
    United States
    Since this wasn't mentioned yet...

2.4 GB seems far too large for an update. I bet you used the wrong Title ID and downloaded the actual game data (update Title ID is very similar).

Kafluke likes this.
  10. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    What he said