Game updates, with old updates on what happens?

MrMrMr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Let's say got a game on, and its update, eg v1.1 update is on. Then a new update comes along, v1.2. Do you just copy onto SD as normal? What happens though space wise on the SD?

The v1.1 update was 2Gb, and the v1.2 update is 2.5Gb. So will they both use up the total of 4.5Gb on the SD in total?

Also going forward for backup on HDD, can I delete the v1.1 update and just keep the v1.2 update

Last edited by MrMrMr,

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Let's say got a game on, and its update, eg v1.1 update is on. Then a new update comes along, v1.2. Do you just copy onto SD as normal? What happens though space wise on the SD?

The v1.1 update was 2Gb, and the v1.2 update is 2.5Gb. So will they both use up the total of 4.5Gb on the SD in total?

Also going forward for backup on HDD, can I delete the v1.1 update and just keep the v1.2 update
I didn't actually check, but the new update should just overwrite the old one, so no space wasted on the SD card for nothing. Also, you don't copy the update, you install it, like you would for a normal base nsp file. As for your backups on a HDD, you just need the latest update, you can safely delete all the old ones.

Reactions: MrMrMr

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only reason I see to hang onto older update files is if some cheats don't get updated. Besides that no reason to hang onto them

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It depends if you want to be on certain update, some bugs are fixed on newer update. v1.2 would have all the feature from version 1.1.

duckbill007

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Dbi does remove old update files on install. I have no idea about other installers. I think it can easily be checked by tests and looking at free space after install.

Reactions: petspeed

MrMrMr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dbi does remove old update files on install. I have no idea about other installers. I think it can easily be checked by tests and looking at free space after install.
Thanks. I use DBI and the MTP I think it’s called for install, so easy process.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, would you recommend playing n64 games on a ps3 through retroarch?