Gaming Game similar to Fire Emblem for wii

pluotnick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I got Fire Emblem for wii a year ago. I loved that game, but although those kind of games [strategy rpg] are very popular on DS, I haven't found another one for the wii.

Are there more similar games for the WII?

[I am not interested in JRPG such as Tales of ..]

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Phantom Brave is a much easier version. You can really just power grind your way through, but I guess it doesn't mean you HAVE to if you want the same difficulty.

Other then that, FFCD is turn based, it's almost nothing like what you're wanting. Fun game though.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Satangel said:
Final Fantasy Chocobo Dungeon is kind of the same.
Or else, you could download the GBA emulator for Wii and download the 2 Fire Emblem games for that.

3 in fact(one is translated only!) but I should try that or try fire emblem shadow dragon on the nds!

acturus

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
you could always get the fire emblem games that are on the gamecube
shining force on the virtual console is pretty good
but other than that, the wii is pretty lacking in the strategy rpg department

saison

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, my favourite type of game and the Wii has almost none. My advice is to play the older ones for the SNES, if you don't feel like playing through a Japanese game, or a so-so translated one, play the GBA versions.

GBA FE's are solid and are always kewl to repeat (for me at least). The one for the Gamecube made my world, but for the life of me, I can't work to unlock the last couple of bonus characters
-_-

There is Phantom Brave, it's an alright SRPG, but uses a circular range (kind of restricted free-roam on an isometric map), rather than the square grid map.

FFCD is NOTHING like what you're probably looking for... Tales of Symphonia?
I don't see how that fits into the topic, but it's a good game.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Soma Cruz said:
Satangel said:
Final Fantasy Chocobo Dungeon is kind of the same.
Or else, you could download the GBA emulator for Wii and download the 2 Fire Emblem games for that.

3 in fact(one is translated only!) but I should try that or try fire emblem shadow dragon on the nds!

I knew that, would suggest that later on.
Also, this should help you a bit.

pluotnick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I haven't tried Phantom Brave yet, but the graphics are discouraging me.

Reading your posts above, my belief that no good SRPG are out there for the WII grew stronger, and as a matter of fact I ordered a refurbished NDS from deal extreme.

Now I can enjoy all those tactics games.

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PB *is* a PS2 port. It's really not bad though. Is it as tough as fire emblem? no. But it has some interesting mechanics. For example, each one of your characters only gets so many turns per map, then they disappear for good. Only your main character gets unlimitted moves, and she's not exactly a bruiser. So sometimes it comes down to just her versus the world and it makes it a little fun.

saison

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say PB is pretty difficult, so long as you don't go bug abusing or power levelling. And yes, PB is a port of the PS2 with a, not even worth notice, side story. Also the Wii version has amplified graphics, and the choice of detailed and merged graphics.

rinajati

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
The topic is just a bit old, but just wanted to say, there's a Gamecube version of Fire Emblem too, in case you didn't know.

Cheers.

resincake

Trophies
XP
Country
I love those type of games, too, and there are a few out, including Gamecube games (which are the better choices atm).

Wii :
* Phantom Brave
* Chocobo's Dungeon
* Shiren the Wanderer
* Fire Emblem
* Final Fantasy IV (Wiiware)

Gamecube :
* Gladius
* Baten Kaidos 1 & 2 (Timed turn-based, similat to Final Fantasy 7 system)
* Skies of Arcadia Legends
* Fire Emblem (set before the Wii one)
* Lord of the Rings : The Third Age

I think that covers it, at least whats out atm, anyway. There are lots of VC titles, mainly SNES & Megadrive games, that fit the bill too.

Out of the GC games, I would recommend Baten Kaidos and Gladius, and definately Skies of Arcadia if you haven't played it before. In fact, they are all good, enjoyable fantasy turn-based strategy games.

:>

I hope you do give the GC Titles a go, as, judging by the type of games you obviously like, you will certainly be happy with them.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I lol'd at you comparing Baten Kaitos to FF7.
It's not even remotely the same...except for being turn based.

saison

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, I kept laughing when I read that post filled with games that aren't even close to FE. My advice to you dood, is to just play around with what you got.

You could always use VBAGX and play the GBA FE's for the Wii xP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol