mixinluv2u

OP
Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
So i am getting some games for my girlfriend, can you guys help me with recommendations?

she likes puzzle and logic games in general. her absolute current favorite is the puzzle mode in Tetris DS right now. she finds marathon mode or whatever that needs more reflex and speed a bit too challenging. but puzzle mode is perfect because she can take however long she wants. are there any other games like this?

i know Puzzle Quest doesn't really have time limit on rounds either, but i am not sure if the RPG element might be too geeky for her. i don't think Meteos have a puzzle mode, and their normal gameplay is pretty fast paced so i don't know.

i saw a european released game called Think! Logic Trainer. what's that game like? is it like a logic puzzle game? she has a logic puzzle book that she likes to work on during long flights, is it anything like that? did that game get released in the US?

she used to like Picross and sudoku type games but i am not sure if she's gotten sick of those already.

her response to Final Fantasy Chocobo Tales was that it was cute, but a bit too slow (too much walking around and talking). So i don't think she will have the patience for RPG much.

she enjoys FPS somewhat. we used to play Halo and Halo 2 co-op on the xbox together and she liked that. but if she were to play on her own she would probably find it too challenging. Are there any good co-op FPS on the DS? Call of Duty maybe?

as far as platformers go, she finds New Super Mario Bros challenging so i am not sure if she enjoys this genre at all?

Any help would be apperciated. =)

------------------------
before anyone recommend Nintendogs, i know that it's supposed to be a good game, but she has a real puppy that kind of has her hand full. so i doubt she will want to take care of another dog virtually. =P

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Planet Puzzle League: has a puzzle mode and it's rather fun in single-cart multiplayer

Polarium: I played the GBA version but it's pretty addictive as far as logic games go. Very repetitive, no time limits so it's not fast, plenty of levels to do (I played the GBA version mind, don't know how much the DS one has in it)

It's Mr Pants (GBA): excuse the dumb title, it's a block-ish game where you have to fence off areas of the grid into squares/rectangles. Try a demo, it gets more difficult later on but it's not too hard

Guru Logic Champ (GBA): Japanese, (very little text so it's completely playable but avoid if she's the kind of person who'd get freaked out by not being able to read the menu). Regarded as the best GBA Puzzle game that never made it to the west. Kind of old now though, not sure if play-asia will still have it.

Yugge

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Give her NEVES. She'll love that. Puyo Pop Fever (or 15th anniversary, if she can bare the japanese). Worked with my girlfriend, and yours does seem to have the same taste
biggrin.gif

coops024

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
42 All time Classics (aka Club House Games) is a great one and never leaves my flash cart

loads of puzzle type games in there and with WiFi you cant go wrong ... I just cant get my Wife off it now !

Truliche

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ecuador

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.