Hacking Game injections?

Ziggy Zigzagoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am just wondering about the possibility of injecting GB/C*/A ROMs into the current/future releases for the 3DS in the same spirit of VC Injections regarding the Wii Console. DI know that we have to actually hack the system and get keys, first. I am just thinking here.

* = Given how Nintendoo combines Gameboy and GameBoy Color games all the time, I would not find surprising for Nintendoo to release proper GBC games in the future without special announcement...

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Once the system is hacked I assume something like this will be easy. But there isn't really a lot of point in it since at that point a open source GBA emulator (such as gpSP) could be ported to it (which already plays most games perfectly and probably has more features than GBA VC will), and I'd prefer that over needing a separate channel for each game.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ziggy Zigzagoon said:
I am just wondering about the possibility of injecting GB/C*/A ROMs into the current/future releases for the 3DS in the same spirit of VC Injections regarding the Wii Console. DI know that we have to actually hack the system and get keys, first. I am just thinking here.

* = Given how Nintendoo combines Gameboy and GameBoy Color games all the time, I would not find surprising for Nintendoo to release proper GBC games in the future without special announcement...

You know one of the first virtual console games they released was the Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening DX (i.e. the color version of that game) right?

Maybe I'm misinterpreting you, but it seems like you think they haven't yet released a gbc game to the vc, but they have.

Anyways, yes, I"m sure that if one day they are able to hack the 3ds, then injects would eventually become possible, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that happening anytime soon.

Thrust

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Real Jdbye said:
Once the system is hacked I assume something like this will be easy. But there isn't really a lot of point in it since at that point a open source GBA emulator (such as gpSP) could be ported to it (which already plays most games perfectly and probably has more features than GBA VC will), and I'd prefer that over needing a separate channel for each game.

I dunno I think they're gonna do like they said they're doing with snes games (wireless multiplayer) and I dont think any emulators can do that yet

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thrust said:
The Real Jdbye said:

I dunno I think they're gonna do like they said they're doing with snes games (wireless multiplayer) and I dont think any emulators can do that yet

Nintendo has stated that multiplayer will never come to the gba games. Which really really sucks, but they have confirmed it will not come to the gba titles, but it will come to the nes ones.

Ziggy Zigzagoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
duffmmann said:
You know one of the first virtual console games they released was the Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening DX (i.e. the color version of that game) right?

Maybe I'm misinterpreting you, but it seems like you think they haven't yet released a gbc game to the vc, but they have.
I do not have a 3DS, so I was out of the loop at some areas.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
duffmmann said:
Thrust said:
The Real Jdbye said:

Nintendo has stated that multiplayer will never come to the gba games. Which really really sucks, but they have confirmed it will not come to the gba titles, but it will come to the nes ones.

Isn't that Four Swords technically a GBA game?

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rondoh70 said:
yes four swords is a gba game but is not a virtual console game

yes and its been enhanced for the DSi/3DS, the bottom screen is utilized to display the map and what you've collected, and new levels have been added, as well as single player mode. So naturally a game reworked like this will have a multiplayer mode created for use with the DS, but future GBA games are going to be ports, not enhancements. Seems to me though that if they can get multiplayer for four swords, they should be able to copy the code over for the upcoming GBA games, but maybe its not that easy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1