Hardware Game Boy Micro has yellow "glare" spot in middle of screen?

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I got a Game Boy Micro just recently, and it works great, but there's what appears to be a yellow "glare" spot in the center of the screen. It's only seriously visible when the colors are darker (when the screen goes black, or when opening the start menu in Metroid Zero Mission, for example), other than that, I barely notice it. Any suggestions? I can live with it, but if it's an easy fix (such as dust behind the screen), I'd like to take care of it. One of the screws on the Micro is missing, and another is loose-ish, so it does make sense to me that the previous owner opened it at some point to change the battery or something, and dust got into it. What do you guys think?

Latiken

GBATemp's Epic Fusion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It makes sense that he opened it to do something. Maybe some liquid or dust got in there like you said? It might be normal do to oldness (but still awesomeness!).

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have a Japanese GBM which I bought used. It was fine for a while, but a few months ago got the same problem you describe.

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
My Micro is still White and Bright,

It is however kept in a leather case when not in use and always charged outside of the leather case.
I Expect heat has had some sort of discoloration effect on your screen, which kinda sucks as these units at least out where I am are very hard to come by.

My Silver unit was given to me as a gift last year from a friend in the USA and I have been lucky enough to have even located 3 new and unused 3rd party faceplates (100% clear ones but still) as far as I know my other friend in the USA who has 2 of them has also not had this problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT