Still I Rise™
OP
Trophies
Website
www.still-i-rise.com
XP
Country
United States
Gabsharky v1.2 has been released by mondayz.

New features are:

Updated IRQ type 1: 'add rx,ry,#0x200' instead of 'add ry,ry,#0x200'
Also, a surprising new feature is the ability to create and load savestates on a real flashcart, at any point during the game.
Comes bundled with a early ingame menu but looks promising.
To access the menu or leave the menu during the game, press L+R.
To create a savestate, press A in the menu, or press B to load a savestate.
Mondayz says the menu is still experimental and will be perfected in each future release.

Also, from his website:
>>ATTENTION: Switching SRAM banks is a complex procedure and is different to each flashcart. I however only have a Visoly 64mbit flashcart, and that is the only flashcart the "SAVESTATE" function supports for now. It is difficult to develop support for remote flashcarts I do not own and cannot test properly without debugging functionality. So I ask to all: Any donation of any flashcart of any mbit size and any brand (except Visoly) is greatly appreciated.

mondayz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm wonderring if the ingame menu should be fully SRAM driven..

Some games, such as Asterix XXL use the little space at the end of ewram Gabsharky uses..
Even worse, if you overwrite this, Asterix XXL will crash...

A good thing is that the first part of ewram is free in Asterix XXL so, I could probably implent some free space searcher and use let all data be allocated dynamicly.

But, there is still danger that overwriting what seems 'free' space, might be stored there for a reason, and I don't know what side effects this will cause.

So, I was wondering if someone is opposed to using SRAM for opening up the menu, and possibly in the future for enabling/disabling codes (yes, your previous selection of codes will still be enabled or disabled when you reboot your gba then).
This is the only _SAFE_ way that I know of, that will never make the game crash by opening up the menu.
This also means we can use MORE than just 2kb for tiles, and possibly means we can use the gabsharky splash menu in the background.

If someone disagrees and doesnt want to use any SRAM, for say, only selecting cheat codes without sacrifising sram banks, I can still add an option in the program to 'Unpack menu to EWRAM' or 'Unpack menu to SRAM'.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
mondayz,
add a donate with paypal link on your website

you'll be suprised with what you get
I second that!
wink.gif

This really is excellent work mondayz, keep up the great work.
ph34r.gif

Microtic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd recommend mondayz that you make the combination something like L + R + Start + Select...
Due to the reason that some games use L + R to do stuff. IE: F-Zero.

Just a suggestion!
biggrin.gif

Bart Lemming

Gēmu Bōi mikuro
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have no problem at all with the idea of using SRAM to hold the in-game menu. If that is the most stable way to work things then that's the way you should go, no question!
smile.gif

mondayz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'd recommend mondayz that you make the combination something like L + R + Start + Select...

Just a suggestion!
biggrin.gif
I can add a series of check boxes where you select the key combination - i was going to do that in a future release anyway
smile.gif

radjago

Trophies
Website
www.DSTrocks.com
XP
Country
United States

Just a suggestion!
biggrin.gif
I can add a series of check boxes where you select the key combination - i was going to do that in a future release anyway
smile.gif
That would be beyond cool. I don't know why every app doesn't let you customize the key combos.

khan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
It's to any1 who has used this great gabsharky tool btw the thing is that i can add save/load feature to my ct special forces 3 and i really do need it coz i can not be bothered wid passwords etc..

it says:

Adding ingame menu...
Searching IRQ handlers...
FATAL ERROR: Sorry, but no IRQ found.
Error while creating patch...

wat does that mean?

any1 can help me out?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.