eeek78

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hate2.gif

Is anyone else having trouble running G6 U-Disk Manager under Windows Vista? Or, is anybody successfully running G6 U-Disk on Vista? Mine crashes right after selecting the drive of my G6 Lite.
cry.gif

GameGeezer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hate2.gif

Is anyone else having trouble running G6 U-Disk Manager under Windows Vista? Or, is anybody successfully running G6 U-Disk on Vista? Mine crashes right after selecting the drive of my G6 Lite.Â
cry.gif

I think it depends on what version of Vista you are using. When I was running the Beta 2 version of Vista the same thing happened on my computer but since the RC1 beta this issue seems to have gone away. If you are running version RC1 or better then it may be hardware related. When you install programs make sure you right click and choose 'run as administrator' to assure you have administrator rights during the install. This may or may not help.

Good luck.

Strag0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm having issues with the U-Disk Manager as well. I'm running Vista Ultimate Retail and all it does is allow me to select my drive and then it craps out on me.

I'm attempting to downgrade the U-Disk manager to 4.6c to see if that works.

EDIT: 4.6c craps out too.

This is the info vista dumps out as to what is causing the issue... not sure if anyone can decypher it.

Code:
Problem signature:
 Problem Event Name:ÂÂÂÂAPPCRASH
 Application Name:ÂÂÂÂG6 U-DISK Manager.exe
 Application Version:ÂÂÂÂ1.0.0.1
 Application Timestamp:ÂÂÂÂ455bbeff
 Fault Module Name:ÂÂÂÂStackHash_e403
 Fault Module Version:ÂÂÂÂ6.0.6000.16386
 Fault Module Timestamp:ÂÂÂÂ4549bdc9
 Exception Code:ÂÂÂÂc0000374
 Exception Offset:ÂÂÂÂ000af1c9
 OS Version:ÂÂÂÂ6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
 Locale ID:ÂÂÂÂ1033
 Additional Information 1:ÂÂÂÂe403
 Additional Information 2:ÂÂÂÂd3172f4bb50b4600b4629961ea1e2c49
 Additional Information 3:ÂÂÂÂ9ef7
 Additional Information 4:ÂÂÂÂ85987dd06325dcf4265d1ce92f5ccc86

Edit #2: None of the Compatability modes work, nor do the options below the compatability. Some won't let me choose the drive, while others let me before it dies. I thought maybe it was an issue with the program selecting a USB drive, but it still craps out when selecting a HDD.

Omnigamer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.smashboards.com
XP
Country
United States
I've uninstalled and re-installed the software a number of times, and have cleared the directory every time of all left over files each time. The only thing left that I can think of is that the User Account control (Allow/Deny popups) is currently off, although I don't imagine that actually affects anything.

Mushkin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello
I also had problems with u-disk crashing on me and after a week of sniffing i discovered a workaround for me, but this may also serve others. here it goes: when you start g6 manager select first another drive, as to be removable, like an Sd Card reader or such, dvd drives and hard disk dont work, then the g6 it will give an error saying that there is no drive, then select the g6 and the program works

best regards
smile.gif

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the solution!!!!! And, here's another alternative for those who doesn't own a Card Reader:

1. Start G6 U-Disk Manager and Double Click on "Floppy Disk Drive (A:)", it'll ask you to "Insert A Disk"
Note: Highlighting (A:), and click OK won't work.

2. Click Cancel then choose the G6 Drive and the Program should appear
smile.gif
)))))

sandyxdr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have a virus! the same thing happens to me so I used a usb stick to which a write files from g6 manager and than just copy them to g6flash!
Good luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: what's the fanfic name?