Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
(10-07-2006)

We will release the English version of G6 Llite around two weeks later.

Many people are wondering how to update their G6 Lite into English version. We have only released the Chinese version of G6 Lite in the moment.

If you buy the G6 Lite from China or some unoffical resellers, it should be the Chinese version. It is no way to change the language firmware by the software or loader.

We will release the English version of G6 lite around two weeks later.

Please contact our reseller later or pre-order from them

link

testicule

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
As people with Chinese G6 lite have explained, the 4.0 loader has both languages (english and chinese). However they were only able to upgrade to 4.0a/4.0b Chinese.
This _proves_ that it is possible to change the language by updating the loader (which is perfectly normal).

The only reason we can see which would explain why you're saying it can't be language-updated is that you're trying to add dvd-like zones to theG6 lite.
Probably to sell an english version at more expensive prices.

If there is a real (technical) reason, please explain it there! Has the chinese version a different hardware? If yes, what are the differences?

Regards,

SYN7HOR

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bastards.

So what's the next best thing to the G6 lite? (M3 is not an option as they're made by the same greedy scumbags that make the g6)
How about the EZ4 lite?
Perfect fit in my lite is a must.

panther_512

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Yes, EZ4 Lite microSD is the next best thing.

But there are some compatibility and performance issues with some games.

It's because of the software, so you can expect in future updates, to solve these issues.

panther_512

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Well, there's certainly a lot of confusion about the English/Chinese matter.

G6 team says that every G6 Lite that is out there is Chinese version and cannot update to English language.

But some users managed to put English.

Maybe these users had test-trial-something English versions?

I don't know.

TheSpade

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
About (Censored!) time G6/M3 Team speaks up on this chaos. Now, that puts everyone who has a G6 Lite either in their possession or ordered from a retailer into quite an uncomfortable position. Considering that HopeBuy is the only retailer remaining that claims to be receiving the English G6 Lite this week, which is a contradiction with what the manufacturer has state, this just adds to the grief of anyone who has already put forth their hard-earned dollars/euros/pounds, etc. towards this. Hopebuy hasn't responded to this recent news as of yet, but I expect that either we (all of us who have pre-paid) will be waiting another two weeks or be refunded for the purchase. Mind you, I am not blaming HopeBuy for this mess as I did Winsunx. HopeBuy at least confronted the situation somewhat, unlike Winsunx sending out an e-mail to everyone weeks after taking in orders, "You know this is Chinese?"

klonoakun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
rofl

but for those who only wants to play NDS and GBA games wouldn't be bothered by the language would they?
seems to me it is only a language issue, i hope both versions when they get out, have the same software support.

Also note on how many forum topics are being unanswered recently about the confirmation of several orders for the english version
Since i couldnt wait, this morning i changed my order for a chinese order, they immediately replied saying they will ship it tomorrow.
few hours later, the english confirmation posts still left unanswered, i believe the g6 team isnt releasing it for some days.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not every G6 Lite out there is Chinese, as mine updated with the English loader just fine - as have other peoples. Looks like it was just a matter of luck of the draw.

klonoakun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Qrayzie
Even if mine is entirely in chinese after the small update, is navigating through the g6 menu in order to reach for the nds and gba games a pain?
if not, then i do not see why this can't be ordered by the people who solely play games and nothing else.

MrHellFire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...weird. I emailed Jandaman about 2 weeks ago and they said they should have the English G6 Lite sometime THIS week. *sigh*...guess I'll have to wait some more...

TheSpade

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Not every G6 Lite out there is Chinese, as mine updated with the English loader just fine - as have other peoples. Looks like it was just a matter of luck of the draw.
I don't doubt one bit that there are English "evaluation" models floating out there, but since there's no guarentee of whether it's English or Chinese, I'll yield on the side of caution and await the official English version. Yes, the language is a factor that concerns me.

Tir

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
but...my G6 Lite is english, I think...

Yeah, but if I'm unlucky I might get the chinese version. Besides, I don't want to support companies that pull this kind of shit on their customers.

So... the EZ Flash 4 Lite+Neo MagicKey 4 mini is a good alternative to G6 lite+Passcard 3?
It isn't for me, even though the EZ4L only sticks out a few mm I still notice it, add that to its build quality and slowdown in games and I'm staying far away, but I can laugh at my friend who got one.
biggrin.gif
I wish they'd hurry up and announce the M3 Lite.

If there's one thing I've had to learn it's to not jump into buying products as soon as they're released, I wanted to preorder a EZ4L but I'm glad I didn't because of its issues, now the same thing with G6L and its language versions.
cry.gif

ckjong

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
From the GBAlpha website's "Downloads" section, the Chinese version of the G6/G6L 4.0a loader. http://www.gbalpha.com/China/GBalpha_Downl...asp?SoftID=2532. I'll try to translate.

????G6??4.0?????????????????G6??????G6??????GBA???4.0?NDS???4.0?
Note: For updating G6 loader lower than version 4.0. Only use on Chinese version of G6. After updating, version information on the G6 loader will show 4.0 on the GBA loader. 4.0 on the NDS loader.

GBA??
GBA loader:

1.??GBA??????
1.Added GBA Golden-Finger(Cheat);

2.?????????????????
2.Added automatic software & hardware save file patching;

3.??GBA??????????????????????????????
3.Added GBA roms real-time game-guide. Can bring up the game-guide anytime during gameplay.

4.????FAT(FAT16)/FAT32??????????
4.Full support for FAT(FAT16)/FAT32 filesystem, supports long filenames;
(?????????G6???????????????FAT16?????????????FAT32??)
(If upgrading G6 from lower version, the upgrading needs to be done under FAT16 filesystem. Only after upgrading to current version will FAT32 be supported)

5.????????????????GBA?????????????????
5.Fully supports switching interface language between Chinese & English, supports auto-translation of GBA rom name.

NDS??
NDS loader:

1.????????????
1.Brand new interface status indication system;

abc978

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't doubt one bit that there are English "evaluation" models floating out there, but since there's no guarentee of whether it's English or Chinese, I'll yield on the side of caution and await the official English version. Yes, the language is a factor that concerns me.
Actually, in HK forum, people who got the test version and pre-production version can run both the engglsih and chinese
4.0a loader.
Actually, in HK many people got test and pre-production version and are happy with both version.
But, the later batchs are chinese version which can't be upgraded with the 4.0a english loader.
So, if you got the g6 lite can be upgraded to 4.0a english loader, it may be a test version or pre-production version.

and if you find three chinese words tag on your g6 lite packaging box, I am sure that is test version.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Qrayzie
Even if mine is entirely in chinese after the small update, is navigating through the g6 menu in order to reach for the nds and gba games a pain?
if not, then i do not see why this can't be ordered by the people who solely play games and nothing else.

For purely game playing - no, it's not much of an issue - but that's personal preference. I'd certainly -prefer- mine be in English.
smile.gif

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mine is in English as well

*Edit
and for gameplaying as long as the cart holds your file names it would be VERY easy. If it doesn't .....well you still have your game icons but I am pretty sure it would hold the file names making it very easy to play on a Chinese cart

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...