XP
Country
United States

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this really sucks for anyone who got stuck. In most cases like this I'd take the company's side and say "tough luck" and "caveat emptor" or some other hard-luck shit. After all, their website does advise buying from the official resellers in your region. But in this case, G6 made an announcement on their website on 6-21-06 that the G6 would be released "next week," which turned out to be on 6-29. That announcement didn't warn us about Chinese/English versions, or that buying the first ones on the market wouldn't be wise if you don't speak mandarin.

Still, I don't see a viable alternative out there, unless youre ok with older designs that phit the phat. EFA is supposed to be working on a direct competitor for the G6Lite, but I'm not sure I have the patience. I'm a big fan of EFA, but after watching EZ underwhelm us .... well once bitten twice shy.

dem1980

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
abc978 : i have try the chinese loader so i can answer...

in the chinese loader, you can display nds roms by two ways :
- the name of the file into the flashcart, for example : "New Mario.nds"
so there are not chinese caracters
- the "chinese name" of the roms, which you can change in the F-Disk utility with the button "Rename", i have rename all my game in the F-Disk utility, so my games are display in english in two mode, in case i have to use the chinese loader one day

you can change the display mode in the first menu in the up/left of the screen, the option english/chinese is replaced by the 2 modes, you have also the gba mode and the about display (which is the the right in the 4.0 loader)

illumina

Trophies
XP
Country
I was thinking that too but that'd be pretty lame if they did. divineo.com has pre-orders for the english one and they are only $79.95 so I doubt they will jack up the prices much if at all

testicule

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I was thinking that too but that'd be pretty lame if they did. divineo.com has pre-orders for the english one and they are only $79.95 so I doubt they will jack up the prices much if at all

Sure, that's strange.. But maybe Divineo is wrong and won't get english version. Really I can't find another explaination. The 4.0 (which is both english/chinese) version and the 4.0b which is localised are a proof that the language can be updated with the loader (which is obvious anyway).

I can't understand what they did, nor why they don't tell anything.

r4sCaL

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I ordered 2 G6 Lites from psxbox too and also asked them if it was the Chinese version, they replied saying it was and then they added all those disclaimers. I then asked if they were getting the English version in stock and if it would be possible to change my order to the English version. They replied saying it would be possible but that they didn't know if there would be a change in price or what date it would be available from. I emailed them back again confirming that I would still like to wait for the English version and they said that it would be fine. Hopefully they get them in stock in 2 weeks time and there are no further complications later on. I emailed them a few times before I went to bed and when I woke up each time there was a reply so I am still very happy with their service.

newfire01

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dude, Divineo's already jacked up the price to $81.99 and they haven't even sold a single one yet! Plus, it says nothing about Chinese, English or any other language...

J

I ordered mine on the 6th for $79.99 and the next day it went up to the new price. They said I would definetely be in the first shipment, but did not say a date. I dont really care if it takes another two weeks, as long as it is the english version and as long as that forced $35 shipping is super fast. Also does anyone know if they will be receiving the passcard 3 at the same time as the g6 lites? I hope they send them to me at the same time.

jigaboo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
35 Buicks? A score and three-quarter Oldsmobiles?! Did you go for the Swedish Bikini Team Courier option or something? I mean, it's getting shipped from Canada, FFS, not Kurblekistan! Damn!

Though I must admit, I'm currently keeping the Div in mind, even after the HUGE price jack...
smile.gif
I'm in TO, and Xpress post is like under ten bucks, and comes in a couple of days from the QC. However, I'd rather get a MK4-Key and avoid splash screens (though, I guess if they get stock soon, I might not bother). However, I'm waiting until they get an actual unit... ain't nobody ganking my cash before they got real goods....

J

vinconair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So did anyone try upgrading their chinese version to the loader ckjong posted? If G6 team keep releasing updates for their chinese version I think there shouldn't be any major problems in the future.

samzor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
35 Buicks? A score and three-quarter Oldsmobiles?! Did you go for the Swedish Bikini Team Courier option or something? I mean, it's getting shipped from Canada, FFS, not Kurblekistan! Damn!

Though I must admit, I'm currently keeping the Div in mind, even after the HUGE price jack...
smile.gif
I'm in TO, and Xpress post is like under ten bucks, and comes in a couple of days from the QC. However, I'd rather get a MK4-Key and avoid splash screens (though, I guess if they get stock soon, I might not bother). However, I'm waiting until they get an actual unit... ain't nobody ganking my cash before they got real goods....

J

hmm you sure divineo.com is based in quebec ? if they are then i wont preorder with them hehe i don't wanna have to pay provincial taxes. ( i'm in qc also )

jigaboo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
hmm you sure divineo.com is based in quebec ? if they are then i wont preorder with them hehe i don't wanna have to pay provincial taxes. ( i'm in qc also )

If you check their Company Profile link under General Info, you'll see that their address is in QCity. Eventhough they're owned by a French company, it looks like they'll def. tax you, buddy. Provincial taxes are whack, I must admit, which is why I'm happy to do business with Div. However, no other stores up here are offering it any cheaper (the only other one that's even acknowledged it is Gamersection, and they're charging $95 for a Chinese ver!).

J

abc978

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

IN China, the MSRP of g6 lite (chinese version) is about USD65.
That's is why the stores are glad to shipped the g6 lite for other countries.

_Mazza_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I ordered from Divineo on the 30th of June

I hope I get mine before August because I'm gojng away on the 2nd of August.

It's a good job I chose FedEx Express and not airmail because I'd have no hope of receving it if I chose the latter.

abortion

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I ordered from Divineo on the 30th of June

I hope I get mine before August because I'm gojng away on the 2nd of August.

It's a good job I chose FedEx Express and not airmail because I'd have no hope of receving it if I chose the latter.

Are you going to Wacken?

I've got mine preordered and I hope it arrives before then.
frown.gif

kalibar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fuckin' christ, has it been two weeks yet? I just want my English G6 Lite, this wait is kill-ill-ill-illing me!

Fuckin' stupid internet and its fuckin' stupid empty promises fuckin' gettin' my fuckin' hopes up FUCK.

EDIT: I realize some shitbrick is going to quote this post and say "blah blah blah they're working on it, quit being an impatient bastard you kids are all products of The Internet Age and demand instant gratification, it'll be ready when its ready". I am just venting; spare me your asshole speech.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters