Hacking G6 Real Detection problem

PlooBloo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all.

My G6 Real's USB thing can't detect my G6 at all. It was working fine up until last week when I put an episode of House onto my G6. My boyfriend lent me his USB thing, but it also doesn't detect my G6 (the blue light is on and isn't flickering at all). I can load up my G6 with no problems at all with my DS. My USB port does work correctly as I can plug my Nano in and it detects it with no problems. Does anyone have any ideas on why this is happening?
wacko.gif

I fixed it!
If anyone else is having problems, format your G6 through your DS (Hold Start when you're starting up your DS).

Thanks, 4saken and everyone else who helped!
biggrin.gif

PlooBloo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took apart my USB thing and I'm attempting to clean them right now. Though the thing is, my boyfriend's USB thing didn't work for my G6 either, but it works perfectly for his G6. @_@

PlooBloo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tried that yet and I'd rather not since I can't back up any of my saves.

The USB lost it's ability to connect/detect my G6 gradually as it was working fine a month ago then it started to connects once out of 2/3 tries.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't see what else could be wrong if you've already cleaned the contacts. Maybe your card connects kind of strangely with the USB reader. Perhaps you can try holding it in a certain position (pushing it into the contacts or something) and getting it to detect.

PlooBloo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Nero: I used an eyeglasses cleaning cloth to wipe the contacts. Is there something else I'm supposed to use?

@4saken: I'm guessing it's my G6 also because if it's my USB reader, it should have connected fine with my boyfriend's reader. I took apart my reader and pressed my G6 up against the point where it connects and it still can't detect it.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you simply can't get it to connect, you might want to try a format (I can't guarantee it'll solve the problem but it seems like all you can do after cleaning the contacts)

PlooBloo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, it still isn't working.

Though I heard the sound my computer makes when I connect something through the USB port, it still isn't showing up anywhere. It doesn't show up in "My Computer," nor does it show up when I try to safely remove something.

It makes a sound, but the light is still a solid blue, so I guess my computer has no problems detecting my USB reader, but my USB reader cannot detect my G6 even though it's plugged in there. @_@

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Do you see anything else that could be wrong with the card (like damage or otherwise)? If you want to, I guess you could dismantle the card and put it back - that fixes contact issues with other cards like the CDSE (yet this is only for flashcard to DS contact).

I don't really see how a format would help, but if you want to try one last thing before getting another card (or otherwise), you might as well.

PlooBloo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took apart my USB reader yesterday (twice), but there's also another outer shell covering the contacts that I can't take apart. It's just a big piece of plastic covering it. @_@ There doesn't seem to be anything physically wrong with it, but I can't see that far into it since it's casing is covering the rest of it.

The thing is, I tried using my boyfriend's USB reader and it still doesn't detect my G6, so I'm guessing it's my G6's problem, but it loads up perfectly fine in my DS.

I really don't want to get another card. >_< I just replaced my G6 Lite with this Real in August. T_T;;

PlooBloo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I should just try formatting it since it seems to fix a similar problem in G6L's.

Edit
Time to go format. I hope this fixes it. >_<

On second though, I'll try cleaning the contacts a few more times. If this doesn't fix it, I'll be games-less for the rest of winter break.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker