Hacking G6 Lite

bug

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It looks nice and all but only 512MB max, thats not nearly enough. Imo I'd gladly sacrifice a cartridge sticking out and having 2gb+ of games on one cart than a neater looking cartridge which can only hold 1/4 of a mini sd so far.

Me too, it's too restrictive to have 512Mb. Homebrew games and programs will only increase in size.

E

exile

Sounds pretty nice and would still hold a considerable amount of games. The New super Mario Bros is only 33MB for instance and this card will hold 512MB. Obviously nowhere near what external (SD, compact flash, etc...) will hold, but still a fair amount if you don't mind reflashing from time to time. Depends what kind of user you are I guess.

I wonder if it will have perfect gba support or if it will still be emulated.

If that price is right I might just have to get two of these. A 1GB would have made it perfect though IMO. But I am sure that was out of the question with the size.

Anyone know what the compatibility on the G6 for DS is like?

gbtemp111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
G6 compatibility is perfect or near perfect as far as i know. i have and m3 mini sd with my lite unit, and it doesn't bother me much with how much it sticks out or slowdowns(none!). still, this looks really, really nice. and if those prices are right, then man..

kernelPANIC

Trophies
Website
www.kanjiswipe.com
XP
Country
Japan
This is the solution I was waiting for.
I don't have anything against portable media storage devices, but I prefer if everything is nicely packed into one nice little product.
As for the cart having "only" 512MB or 4Gbit, I think that size is just fine. I have an 256Mbit (32MB) EZ-II GBA flashcart and it only takes a few minutes to transfer everything there. I can only see the "small" storage size as an inconvenience if you were to take a long absence from your computer (i.e: Long vacations/trips/etc.)

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I have a 1Gbit G6 and the size doesn't really bother me. The only thing is 1Gbit games take up everything
tongue.gif
Thank god there arn't many of those.

At the momeny my G6 has 5 DS games on it. I don't even play 5 games at a time so why would I want more?

4Gbit sounds like a good size though, a nice middle ground between what I have and removeable media.

Jackbauerx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Looking good! The prices are incredible!

I see 2 drawbacks:
- 4Gbit limit
- slow writing times (compared to SD/MiniSD/MicroSD based cards)

Makes the decision even harder.... G6 Lite or EZ4 Lite...
wacko.gif

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I quite simply don't believe the price, and don't see why other people are convinced that for $62US, you can have what will be a MORE in demand product than the current generation G6 4 gigabit, which is currently $167.95 - over $100 more expensive.

Other than that, sweet. I knew that G6 would do it - although it means the M3 team probably won't make anything smaller.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Looking good! The prices are incredible!

I see 2 drawbacks:
- 4Gbit limit
- slow writing times (compared to SD/MiniSD/MicroSD based cards)

Makes the decision even harder.... G6 Lite or EZ4 Lite...
wacko.gif

The writing times aren't that slow. Just the same as your standard USB Key.

QUOTEDo these have drag and drop support just like a USB flash drive, or does it require software?

Drag and drop, I use my G6 as a USB Key. But you will need the software to convert the ds roms for you. It will convert them and copy them over for you all in one.

chooch81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry for being a n00b but how do you get the roms onto this bad boy? it doesnt appear to have any where you can stick it into the computer?

Do i still need my Passkey?

Oh and while im at it is the Passcard 3out yet (orice?), im using a MML but hate having to swap it with a proper game to use sleep mode.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This looks really nice and fits perfectly in the DS lite. 4 gigbits (512mb) is not enough. I have the original supercard with 1gb card and I'm struggling with that. I keep having to take games off to put more on. I would say you need at least a 2gb card now especially with the size of some of the DS games. I just hope another model of the supercard come out after the mini supercard that will be an exact fit.

lars

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Jackbauerx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well, those prices are the Chinese prices. Expect the international prices to be higher! a M3 is under 400 yuan (~50$) in china, while the international price is around 80$.

Trebaruna

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Actually it doesn't match the style completely. In that shot that shows of how level it is also reveals the white on the cart is a lot more murky-ish than the DS Lite. It looks rather dirty or cigarette smoke-stained in comparison, kind of like those old computer cases after way too many years of service.

Hope they clean that up (if this isn't a production model), then they'll have some serious competition for the EZ4Lite

Jackbauerx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The prices aren't in this article, and I saw something interesting, they say it'll fit in both the NDS and the NDS lite without sticking out.
Hmm, interesting. This article also says that the cover of the card will be customizable ("X-Changeable Cover TM") and that a PDA-like software will be included (with Chinese-English Dictionary, Calculator, Telephone Book...).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :rolleyes: