Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
What about game compatibility?

goddamit, read the whole thread!

/////////

i woke up and saw this!!! omfg! welll i guess i'm going to sell my M3 mini sd for this if the price is that low
biggrin.gif

Theres no single link to a list of games that are compatible with this card. No single word.

That's because it's more likely there isn't a single game that isn't compatible. It's a G6 afterall lite or not lite. G6 has 100% compatibility.

L

lastdual

Damn, I just hope they don't triple the price when it becomes available. That's just too good to be true at the Chinese price, but as long as it's under $100 I'm sold. Over $100 though, and the extra space benefits of removable media start to look more attractive.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I haven't tried ScummVM on my G6 as I was under the impression that it preferred carts like Supercard and Movie Player. Even then I can't get the latest version to work on my Supercard so....

SnesDS I don't use because frankly....it's terrible

Moonshell works fine on the G6 though, there's a G6 version. But of course the G6 has movie and music support built into the firmware that plays .gbs and .gbm files.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm.. I don't see how yyjoy.com got their prices..

link to announcement (it's in chinese):
http://www.gbalpha.com/China/GBalpha_news/...spx?id=36&cid=7

The prices aren't in this article, and I saw something interesting, they say it'll fit in both the NDS and the NDS lite without sticking out.

yeah, I read through that a few times before I got it. Its in the same section that talks about the "Xchangeable" backing plate. It's tough to read the machine translation and be sure, but it seems to be explaining that you can change the color of the backing plate on the case that's shaped to fit the DSLite, to match your DSLite or to whatever color you like. For using the G6Lite in a DSPhat or GBA-SP, there'll be another plastic case in the shape of a std. GBA cartridge. You just switch shells depending on which console youre using. Brilliant, really. I have a mental image of a big plastic shell (even though its just a std. GBA cart) with a tiny PCB inside, kind of like an original NES cart.

The only problem I see with my interpretation of this is that it goes against what we've seen forever from flashcart mfgr's - opening the case voids the warranty.

htoxad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IIRC the G6 lite has NO gba support.

The regular G6 supports every game I've tried to play. Sometimes you need to apply a save patch in the G6 writer.

Darth_Small

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

The regular G6 supports every game I've tried to play. Sometimes you need to apply a save patch in the G6 writer.

There will be two versions of the G6 lite according to this thread: one with gba support and one without.

What is the technical difference between a cartridge that offers GBA support and one that doesn't?

ditto_n

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to hold out for the M3 version, an M3_lite style.
smile.gif
And hope and pray it uses SD mini not Micro.

A mini-sd slot is far larger then the room availble. You're never going to get a Mini flash cart that fits the lite. If the EZIV lite is any prediction, even Micro-SD is just a tad too big, but that one someone might actually fit someday.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I quite simply don't believe the price, and don't see why other people are convinced that for $62US, you can have what will be a MORE in demand product than the current generation G6 4 gigabit, which is currently $167.95 - over $100 more expensive.

Other than that, sweet. I knew that G6 would do it - although it means the M3 team probably won't make anything smaller.
I agree that it seems too cheap, but they probably won't include the passkey and programmer which should reduce the price to some extent compared to the kit on kicktrading for $180 USD.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There will be two versions of the G6 lite according to this thread: one with gba support and one without.

What is the technical difference between a cartridge that offers GBA support and one that doesn't?

NDS games are capable of running from NAND ram, while GBA games require faster NOR or PSram. The G6 lite has a 256mbit bank of PSram for GBA games, and up to 4gbit NAND for storage/NDS games. Presumably all files on the cart will be stored on the NAND, but NDS games can run directly from the NAND while GBA would need to be copied to the PSram first. So if it is a non-GBA-capable version, the PSram chip would be unnecessary.

M3 is supposedly doing the same thing with the M3 Professional - all NDS games have to run from the media card and there's no GBA support, but its much cheaper.

I think the idea of offering a non-GBA equipped card is valid - a lot of people have no interest in playing GBA, and still others (like me) have their GBA needs covered already with other flash devices. I have 2 EFA carts that play GBA games perfectly, so I don't NEED another way of running GBA games.

zone97

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to hold out for the M3 version, an M3_lite style.
smile.gif
And hope and pray it uses SD mini not Micro.

A mini-sd slot is far larger then the room availble. You're never going to get a Mini flash cart that fits the lite. If the EZIV lite is any prediction, even Micro-SD is just a tad too big, but that one someone might actually fit someday.

It would fit fine, they would need to use the same style connection that the mini sd to sd adpters use, do not use the push it pop ot socket. they are two wide. of course you would have to remove the cart to get the sd out. but hey thats fine with me.

bolton2

bolton2
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sweet, done deal. i am defenitely getting this. heck if it has gba support than good, if not then oh well, some of us already have gba flashcarts that we don't want going to waste
tongue.gif
and 512mb fits me fine as i have a pocket pc that plays movies and mp3's much better than any m3 or moonshell could fork out. in lamens this ownz. my ds lite will finally have nothing sticking out
biggrin.gif

Jackbauerx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It would fit fine, they would need to use the same style connection that the mini sd to sd adpters use, do not use the push it pop ot socket. they are two wide. of course you would have to remove the cart to get the sd out. but hey thats fine with me.
I don't see how you would be able to fit a MiniSD in there, the MicroSD is hardly fitting in...

ez4l-1.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: