Gamertag: Calogero91 add me.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Lately m6 G6 lite has been acting up. It saves fine but some games just randomly freeze and when I turn it back on only the top screen boots and nothing else happens. Even when I start in GBA mode all I get is a black screen. I've updated both loader and software on my G6 to the latest but I can't figure out whats wrong. Sometimes it U-Disk doesn't even read it. Should I format it? How do I format it? Any suggestions?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If it's working intermittently, it might just be dirty contacts. Try cleaning the contacts on the G6, blowing into the slot on the DS, pluging it in and removing it repeatedly, etc. You may also want to check that the G6 PCB is not loose in the case.

If the problem is consistant, a reformat may help. Back up all of your saves if possible, then follow these steps: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=37111

sonicstorm

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I backed up all my saves and formatted my G6. It still gives me some problems booting. I noticed that one of the metal peices from the battery has been either broken or detached. Can someone show me a picture of a G6 that has both its prongs attached so I know its not just mine. If it is broken, would soldering it work?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
These are the only images that I know of off hand:
cartopen.jpg
cartopen2.jpg

I never opened my G6, and I don't have it anymore, so I don't know how the battery was attached. I don't have any experience soldering batteries.

sonicstorm

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for those pics, but I still can't really tell.

Here is a (sorry low quality 2mp camera phone) picture of my problem.

dsc07732ws1.jpg

That little prong is completely off, its not broken off just not attached to I guess where its supposed to go.

sonicstorm

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I charged it for about 2 hours like one of the G6 reviews said.

But my question is does that metal prong being broken have anything to do with my G6.

GBA_Temper

*KING OF GBATEMP*
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
do you think the metal prong broke off?? well I really think that your g6 hardware may be new or old version but it should work regardless to hardware differences...Humm can you use the MPZUtility....see can that help out...

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you try booting without the Passcard? Playing some GBA in that way?

I noticed in your video that you have a different Passcard splash from me, so I thought that maybe the Passcard is in some way damaged or just of a bad "generation"/version...
tongue.gif

EDIT: Oh, and my Passcard skips the whole DS "Setup" Screen.

GBA_Temper

*KING OF GBATEMP*
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

skullstatue

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, just take the prong and apply a small amount of solder parallel to the one that is still connected. You need a pretty small soldering iron to do this though. Anyways, if that doesn't fix it I don't know what to tell you. Is your computer detecting the G6 as a valid device? This can happen if the pins aren't making proper contact or if your G6 isn't screwed in tight enough.

GBA_Temper

*KING OF GBATEMP*
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, just take the prong and apply a small amount of solder parallel to the one that is still connected. You need a pretty small soldering iron to do this though. Anyways, if that doesn't fix it I don't know what to tell you. Is your computer detecting the G6 as a valid device? This can happen if the pins aren't making proper contact or if your G6 isn't screwed in tight enough.

Thanks

TM_Sephiroth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So...
Did you fixed...?

(I'm having this problem since December...and to "fix" I clean the contact and/or put a peace of paper with the case to make the G6 stick it on the Slot...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @GhostLatte approves