Hacking G6 Lite and ScummVM

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am having problems getting the talkie versions of Simon the sorcerer and Beneath a steel sky to work. According to someone's post (I think it was Qrayzie) you don't have the 32MB limit for building the Scumm roms like on M3 and SC. So I build them with the builddata-b.bat (Simon is 207MB and Beneath is 72MB). But it doesn't work for me:
Simon hangs while the clock is loading (nearly at the end) and Beneath starts but crashes as soon as I examine the rod to the left. I tried with G6 Manager and without, with the same outcome.

Anyone having any insight on what I can do to make them work?

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you do indeed have the limit because it has to load with normal mode. The slow loading clock is normal mode.

So the 32MB exists on G6 too? I thought it doesn't. Why does Beneath a steel sky which is 72MB then at least start?

Do I have to transfer them in mormal mode with G6 Manager?

Edit: I just found out normal mode can't be used for them
unsure.gif

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
when using the zip file method (which you have to use on the g6), you are restricted by the 32MB limit. This is because all homebrew natively loads with Normal. The roms start because some data got loaded. There is no limit when you just put the files on a CF/SD card w/o using the zip method.

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will Day of the tentacle work with ScummVM and a DS...? I don't think so, but I just want to make sure...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up