Hacking G6 How to update loader?+

tomy12345

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, i just received a chinese G6-Lite and i updated the loader as described on the latest spftware package (copying two files onto root and then updating from GBA console), but after reboot i get a "wrong version please install english laguage" and NDSL Stops. Does anyone know how i can fix this? I'm guessing i have to change the loader again but how can i do that if the device won't boot.

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sounds like you have the chinese version and you're trying to update with the english loader. Just go do a low level format of the cart using the mptutil and follow the instructions....then put the updated chinese loader on there again via gba mode. shoudl be ok.

lunatic75

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Mmmmm I read that on a French forum but didn't test the solution :

You have to copy the 2 firmware files at the root of the G6 then turn on your device withou PASSCARD in it.
When you are in the original DS menu, start GBA mode then press immediately A+B+SELECT+START
That should work.

Don't ask me how to do if your DS is flashed
unsure.gif
(unless some friend of your lend you his DSL ).

If it works tell us.
Thanks.

tomy12345

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks all for your replys, Tried low level formatting and didn't work, but booting without the passcard worked fine.

Thanks

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you should of been more specific. you update the firmware through the gba mode, not ds mode. Of course it's going to lock up with a passcard in because it tries to jump straight into nds mode.

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sounds like you have the chinese version and you're trying to update with the english loader. Just go do a low level format of the cart using the mptutil and follow the instructions....then put the updated chinese loader on there again via gba mode. shoudl be ok.

This is the post you should be reading. This is the correct answer to your problem except you won't need to format to reinstall firmware.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
there is not real need to do a low level format, very true. the loader is stored somewhere outside of the normal udisk you access. I guess I'm just careful because it's habit with me everytime, it's like mainteance, make sure there's nothing wrong with the cart. Sometimes I do get lazy though and do a normal format off windows. Another thing is I don't want to run into unnecessary issues, so everything I update the loader I reload all my games with the udisk burner, doesn't take long and ensures compatibility. works for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: