Hacking G6 DS Real energy question

xmedia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How much does the energy consumption of a G6DS Real compare to the usage of an official NDS cart? I'd prefer an answer in % or in minutes at various brightness settings on the DS lite. But a ballpark figure would be good too, thanks.

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I feel it's the same as a normal game. I get around 12 at the highest brightness and around 20 on the first level. Also it varies on how many times you turn it and turn it off during the day and how long you play.

HellShade

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
loading the touchpod menu takes up a bit more energy, therefore if you switch games every 5 minutes, it's going to take up a considerable amount of energy.

But other than that, little to no drain is noticable.

xmedia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I feel it's the same as a normal game. I get around 12 at the highest brightness and around 20 on the first level. Also it varies on how many times you turn it and turn it off during the day and how long you play.

When you say 12 at max brightness do you mean hours? Because I thought that the specs that Nintendo gave out was that at max brightness it was around 4~6 hours.

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

When you say 12 at max brightness do you mean hours? Because I thought that the specs that Nintendo gave out was that at max brightness it was around 4~6 hours.
I don't know maybe you are confusing it with the psp? I get most of the time that average, I bought the dslite the day it was launched and usually got 7 hours when using an slot2 m3 sd adapter but get twice using my slot1 G6. I don't think games strain the ds too much to only get 6 hours, that I get with my Psp.

VenomSymbiote

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

12-20??
wacko.gif
The most Iv'e gotten out of my DS Lite was 7-8 hours. That was only after I realised brightness setting 2 wasn't much different from the default setting, 3. Before that it was like 5-6. I haven't seen much of a dip in how long the battery lasts as apposed to a normal game. I'm sure it's there, but probably not a big deal. I'd wager every flash cart drains a bit more than usual anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: what are your favorite games