OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
Just figured I'd create a small, new topic saying the AK2i I thought was bricked immediately from AKAIO is not actually bricked on the hardware level.

Here's the screwup I did:

I took the latest 4.12 binary of the AK2 loader form acekard.com and put it on my AKAIO MicroSD card (overwriting AKAIO's file).
I renamed the __aio dir to __ak2.

This let the DSi load the AKMenu, but then it failed to load any games.

Took a MicroSD and just put all the files from the 4.12 release on that card, ran it and loaded games just fine.

So the hardware is still fine; I've been playing Chrono Trigger all day.

Trust me, I even thought I totally bricked it when I made a build of AKAIO that initted the AK2i as an AK2 (a little known variable to force AK2 mode). the initial "Loading..." screen before the menu flicker son both screens like a bitch.

So I really thought I killed it there.

So the AK team can rest a bit easy on this, but I am still a little PO'd we were not contacted prior to this release. They knew 4.12 was required for this card, and only today got Normmatt the sources.

We're not really going to base much of AKAIO on 4.12 at this point, aside from the game fixes and making it boot on an AK2i.

My god I hate the "bliss menu"; I need AKAIO on this damn AK2i!

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
Everything is working properly now, because I'm good at fixing shit. A new release will be coming soon so stay tuned.

images

....excellent!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
when smiths types i feel like i need to be drinking the stout to make sense of it. =)

so the ak2i works? and smith's kit isn't broken? and norm fixed more shit? and a new release of akaio is due out soon? yay for all!

-another world

johnchan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ahem, so you've been running around the forum screaming about your "bricked" card and didn't even think to try a fresh MicroSD with the latest official firmware?
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    haddad @ haddad: anyone online can help me with my new 2ds xl please...