Future Games Show 2020 - roundup - Kena: Bridge of Spirits heads to PC via Epic

RdwB4Rh.png

I hope you like gaming shows, because there's another one on tap! Prepare yourselves for the third act of today, the Future Games Show. Over 40 games are set to be shown throughout GamesRadar's very first digital presentation, with Nolan North hosting. Check it out below, or watch our very own recap.

:arrow: Twitch
:arrow: YouTube

Live Coverage

Road trip, maps, religion, and more, are the keywords of the new game Dustborn. It's an adventure game that takes place in the pacific northwest. 2021 release.

We get to see a new level of Ghost Runner, which previously had a demo available to play on Steam. First person gameplay where you have a sword and parkour across arenas to take down your enemies. 2020 launch for PS4, XB1, Switch, and Steam.

This next game is titled Call of the Sea, and was originally shown during Xbox's press event. It's set in the 1930s in the South Pacific. Puzzles and an emotional narrative will be a focus. Launches on Xbox consoles and PC.

Frogwares is working on an open-world detective game, featuring a young Sherlock Holmes. He will be investigating the mystery behind his mother's death. Gameplay mechanics will involve disguising yourself, asking people on the street, and investigating the world to find clues. 2021 for PC and consoles, next gen included. Sherlock: Chapter 1.

A bullet-hell throwback describes the genre of Cygni.

This is a top-down isometric action game where you find and collect runes to take on dark enemies. Morbid: The Seven Acolytes.

Hot Shot Racing takes some cues from arcade racers, with a cell-shaded look, as you drive the streets trying to flee the cops.

Skater XL has some new footage. The level here is based on a historic school that's popular to skate at. The developers mapped the feet to the analog sticks, so you have full control of the positioning of both your feet. There are no standard "tricks" that you do with buttons, you instead pull them all off with your own skill. July 28 on all major platforms.

Experience arcadey shooter action in this "synthwave" fps game called GTTOD.

Waking is a third-person action game, headed to Xbox and Steam.

Bomber Crew devs making a new game called Space Crew. It definitely has some satirical flair regarding the Star Trek series. Build your ship, your crew, and fight aliens.

Psychological 1800s horror game focuses on a supernatural mystery. Sound is a big deal in this game, and your foes can only hear, not see, so their sense of hearing is heightened. Hold your breath, avoid bumping into scenery, or use very limited sound-based weaponry to get through. Launch on PS4 and Xbox this July. Will also come to PC and Switch. Called Maid of Sker.

Highlight reel shows us all sorts of games, like Smite, Fall Guys, Carrion, Unbound: Worlds Apart, Anno Mutationem, Doggone, The Almost Gone, Inkulinati, Alaloth, Wave Break, Cloudpunk, Windjammers, Hammerting, Stage Hands, Archeage Unchained.

Remnant from the Ashes gets an extended look at its upcoming expansion DLC, the final one for the game.

The Captain is Dead is a sci-fi game where you fight aliens with lasers. It's a digital board game.

Main Assembly is out now on Steam Early Access.

Team 17 has a new game, Blankos Block Party. Content will be added seasonally. PC release soon, consoles later.

Last Oasis is a survival MMO. You'll need to make sure you can survive in the world, crafting vehicle types to help you discover water. Now on Steam.

We get another look at Wasteland 3 and its combat. Xbox One, PC, PS4, August 28.

Remothered: Broken Porcelain is a horror game. You play as a small girl in a scary hotel, fighting against zombie-like enemies and using powers to escape them. August 25. XB1, NS, PS4, PC.

Hi Rez Studios's latest game features crossplay as a main focus. Rogue Company is a third person shooter, crossplay, and cross-progression offered on launch, entirely free to play. Development is almost done.

Outriders, published by Square Enix, launches holiday 2020.

Another detailed look at Disintegration, which launches soon. It's an FPS that adds elements commonly seen in RTS games. In this game's world, you can put your brain inside a robot mech suit, and can live as a mecha-human. Online matches are 5v5. PS4, XB1, PC launch. June 16.

Paradise Lost takes place in a world where WWII did not end until 1960, where Germany decided to nuke most of Europe as a last stand. You play as a Polish boy who wants to learn more about the secrets hidden within a bunker holding all sorts of lost information. XSX, PS5, PC.

Play a team between an agent or hacker, both of which are needed to complete missions in Operation Tango. 2021.

Kena: Bridge of Spirits makes a second appearance following the PS5 event, where we see more about the project. Story driven exploration action adventure game. Each level is themed. You have to solve puzzles and defeat bosses by training your small forest friends. It will come to PC through Epic Games.

A Serial Cleaner will get a sequel.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nothing wrong about that when they move oon from older IPs
Before giving up on it in favor of Fortnite, they were in the process of beta testing a brand new Unreal Tournament game just last year, which I was greatly enjoying. There's no reason they couldn't have started development on Shadow Complex 2, either.

Even despite all that, and despite the fact that I have no interest in it myself, I honestly wouldn't have minded much if their focus had remained on new first-party IPs like Fortnite. Instead their focus moved almost entirely to keeping specific third-party games off of Steam (but not off of Uplay and other launchers), seemingly just because they enjoy being dicks.

milotic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Too bad it is Epic.

Never heard of the blood clean up game.

Ugh, EGS such a shame
Pass :/

Kena on EGS will just give an excuse to stingy pirates to pirate this game.

Pirates never change.

Aside from some Vita stuff a while back, EGS exclusives are literally the only games I pirate now. I'm surely not alone in that, either.

I don't understand, what is the problem with Epic games store ? I know it lacks features like achievements, wishlists, mods, gifts and other things, but is that it ? Or is it because you prefer to have all your games on the same platform ?

Godofcheese

Insane
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I don't understand, what is the problem with Epic games store ? I know it lacks features like achievements, wishlists, mods, gifts and other things, but is that it ? Or is it because you prefer to have all your games on the same platform ?

The things you just said
Also not fond on spending money on a fairly new platform, especially when I'm being forced to because a dev / publisher got greedy and upset over an industry standard (30% cut)

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Too many problems to list. Lacks features to the point where it's more comparable with 2003's Steam, lacks security, is the only platform on PC with third-party exclusives, Epic as a company is notorious for terrible working conditions and forcing crunch on their employees, their CEO spent decades shit-talking PC gaming, the majority of their revenue comes from kids stealing their parents' credit cards, and Tencent owns a near-majority in Epic. I could go on and on but you probably get the gist of it. They're both anti-consumer and anti-worker, like some unholy combination of EA and Activision from the mid-2000s. Somebody must have wished on a monkey's paw for Sony to start porting their exclusives to PC, because they got that wish, but not without a whole lot of unintended consequences.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c95QJXRKdIw&pp=ygUdcmFtYm8gMiBtaXNzaW9uIGFjY29tcGxpc2hlZCA%3D