Hacking COMPLETED Fusee-LEDE Dongle (6$ payload injector)

capitaineflam25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can actually use the dongle's wifi to do the initial setup, no need for ethernet at all. You just won't be able to connect to it afterwards when it's done. But you can still change firmwares using a flash drive going forward.

Maybe it’s possible to create an image with payload injection and WiFi activated by defaut ?

capitaineflam25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm sure it's possible in theory. In practice I don't know if it can be done with the amount of storage space on the device. Defintely something to try though.

An alternative could be a hotplug script that automatically mount any USB key it detects and take the file « payload.bin » and replace it on the router.
It would make an easy payload update method.

valyndaslayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
can I release a full tutorial for the noobs?

As a noob myself I feel this tutorial is kinda hard, and not really helpful especially if you want to change the payload to TX one...

The only thing helpful is the compiled file, it is amazing! thanks op!

capitaineflam25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
can I release a full tutorial for the noobs?

As a noob myself I feel this tutorial is kinda hard, and not really helpful especially if you want to change the payload to TX one...

The only thing helpful is the compiled file, it is amazing! thanks op!

Very good idea, i was just sharing my personal experience and compiled file, i'm not very good for explaining.

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can anyone give me a hand with this? I've gone through the steps and the dongle does not work at all (no LED, no payload injection, and the ethernet port has stopped functioning as well). Is there anything that can be done?

valyndaslayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Can anyone give me a hand with this? I've gone through the steps and the dongle does not work at all (no LED, no payload injection, and the ethernet port has stopped functioning as well). Is there anything that can be done?

brick?... whoa..

Very good idea, i was just sharing my personal experience and compiled file, i'm not very good for explaining.

okay, should I just make new thread and point the credit and download for the file here?

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
Temporarily change your ethernet settings to manual as in the attached image and see if you can get a response from the dongle through SSH (port 22) or Telnet (port 23).

Failing that you can attempt to reflash by inserting a FAT formatted usb drive containing a stock or custom firmware.bin, and holding the reset button as you turn on the dongle.

If still no response, you've probably bricked it somehow. Maybe incorrect bootloader.
settings.png

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
brick?... whoa..
Vefore anyone panics, let me reiterate that this is a problem with the dongle, my switch is fine. I must also admit to not knowing whether this is a brick or something else. I'm technically stuck at the change the ip to *.*.*.2 step since I can't connect to the dongle anymore.
edit.
Temporarily change your ethernet settings to manual as in the attached image and see if you can get a response from the dongle through SSH (port 22) or Telnet (port 23).

Failing that you can attempt to reflash by inserting a FAT formatted usb drive containing a stock or custom firmware.bin, and holding the reset button as you turn on the dongle.

If still no response, you've probably bricked it somehow. Maybe incorrect bootloader.View attachment 134490

I'm going to give it a try right away, I'll post the results.

Last edited by nasune,

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well that didn't work either (thanks though). However after opening it up I'm fairly certain that it got damaged (physically) somehow. Either in the mail, or before it left the factory (there are some loose solder joints, hell the reset button had actually come loose). I guess it completely broke down when I was making my attempt.

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
Wireless is working fine with the default lede. I turned it back on simply by editing '/etc/config/wireless', thusly:

config wifi-device 'radio0'
option type 'mac80211'
option channel '11'
option hwmode '11g'
option path 'platform/10180000.wmac'
option htmode 'HT20'
option disabled '0'

config wifi-iface 'default_radio0'
option device 'radio0'
option network 'lan'
option mode 'ap'
option ssid '3GWIFI_XXXX'
option encryption 'psk2'
option key '12345678'

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

capitaineflam25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nice !

From the image available on this thread, you can just comment the option disabled '1' line by adding a # in front of it and after rebooting you will have access to the dongle with a WiFi called "LEDE" without password.

If someone know how can i modify this file before building the image i can make a new one.

upload_2018-7-4_20-10-59.png

Last edited by capitaineflam25,

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried setting up usb storage and ran out of space on the device. :P

* opkg_conf_write_status_files: Can't open status file //usr/lib/opkg/status: No space left on device

So that's not happening, lol.

capitaineflam25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I found a solution to override some files when compiling OpenWRT/LEDE

Please find a new default firmware with WiFi enabled at startup (SSID is LEDE, no password), DHCP client enabled by default for ethernet, and SXOS payload as default.

This has been not tested, use it at your own risks.

Attachments

• firmware_wifi_dhcp_sxos.zip
    3 MB · Views: 203
Last edited by capitaineflam25,

Waip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is a bit slow on the response time, and I apologize.

I have been digging into the "WD LOGIN" variant, and found a site about hacking these devices that is in Russian, where they discuss the devices briefly. Sadly, they suggest that this model ALSO lacks a serial debug header. If you would be so kind as to validate this with a disassembly of your affected model, it would be great.

Just gently disassemble the shell, and take a good quality photo of the board, and upload it, if you can.

But of course :-D
Man I love your dedication, russian hardware hacking sites are not your average Joe's source of info :)
If you end up finding the login, I'd be sooo grateful

Attachments

• IMAG2046.jpg
    IMAG2046.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 321

z10m

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
that guide doesn't seem to work for me...
at that step:
"Upgrade uboot - be careful, do not reset router during and after this operation !
mtd_write write /mnt/uboot_usb_256_03.img Bootloader"

I'm getting: "mtd_write: not found"

any ideas guys..?

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
that guide doesn't seem to work for me...
at that step:
"Upgrade uboot - be careful, do not reset router during and after this operation !
mtd_write write /mnt/uboot_usb_256_03.img Bootloader"

I'm getting: "mtd_write: not found"

any ideas guys..?
Can you share the model of router you're trying this on?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWmThqDS-f0