Hacking COMPLETED Fusee-LEDE Dongle (6$ payload injector)

SexiestManAlive

The key that lights the dark
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i typed free in the command window, and its saying it says:
total used free shared buffers
Mem: 28616 17516 11100 0 0

i just flash uboot_usb_256 to it? i dont have to format or anything

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and i use fat32 correct?

Wierd_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i typed free in the command window, and its saying it says:
total used free shared buffers
Mem: 28616 17516 11100 0 0

i just flash uboot_usb_256 to it? i dont have to format or anything

and i use fat32 correct?

Embedded devices use what is called an MTD, or Memory Technology Driver(/device) for primary storage. This is basically a raw nand chip in most cases. Special file systems are used, and the flashable image CONTAINS a file system disk image for that chip. When you flash it, it replaces the whole thing in one go.

The USB stick you use should be formatted as fat32 for maximum compatibility, yes. If you have root shell, you are nearly there. Just follow the instructions to perform the flash process.

SexiestManAlive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i pressed the small button that was in the hole on the side to see if it would help, but now its just blinking blue slowly

did i break it? i cant figure this out

it wont connect using the Ethernet i put in 192.168.0.1

After LEDE is installed, it will have the address of 192.168.0.1

You will need to change your network configuration to be in that subnet.
how do i change my network config to be in that subnet, i think i broke it, because everytime i unplug it and replug it, it would flash blue, and if i do it again, it turns solid red and blue

itsjch

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i pressed the small button that was in the hole on the side to see if it would help, but now its just blinking blue slowly

did i break it? i cant figure this out

it wont connect using the Ethernet i put in 192.168.0.1

how do i change my network config to be in that subnet, i think i broke it, because everytime i unplug it and replug it, it would flash blue, and if i do it again, it turns solid red and blue

you bricked like me rip

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
can you guys create a dongle/dock for docking mode ? not everyone bring switch everywhere, someone like me would like to enjoy games exclusively at home

Wierd_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you guys create a dongle/dock for docking mode ? not everyone bring switch everywhere, someone like me would like to enjoy games exclusively at home

Internalized trinket M0 is your desired solution. It requires soldering, but once installed, can be used, if not in the dock (dont know if that has been tested), it can be picked up, turned on, then dropped on the dock immediately.

There are various incarnations of this with various additional neat features. It requires soldering, but in the end it is just an internalized dongle.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Internalized trinket M0 is your desired solution. It requires soldering, but once installed, can be used, if not in the dock (dont know if that has been tested), it can be picked up, turned on, then dropped on the dock immediately.

There are various incarnations of this with various additional neat features. It requires soldering, but in the end it is just an internalized dongle.
BUT INTERNAL solution requires tiny soldering :( it's been some many years since last time i touched my solder...

Last edited by leon315,

SexiestManAlive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the one for sx os how do i unbrick it

i didnt do the openwert setup, i just used the steps from this thread, could that be why it bricked?

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
the one for sx os how do i unbrick it

i didnt do the openwert setup, i just used the steps from this thread, could that be why it bricked?
It's too early to be saying you're bricked. The SX OS image from the front page has the ethernet set to be configured by DHCP so you're going to want to plug it in to your main router by ethernet rather than your laptop. You can then get the IP address of your dongle from your router's client list and use that to connect via SSH.

SexiestManAlive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's too early to be saying you're bricked. The SX OS image from the front page has the ethernet set to be configured by DHCP so you're going to want to plug it in to your main router by ethernet rather than your laptop. You can then get the IP address of your dongle from your router's client list and use that to connect via SSH.
i connected it to the Ethernet, but its not showing up in the device list, and when i put the cord in to power it, it just stays on solid blue even if i plug in the Ethernet

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
i connected it to the Ethernet, but its not showing up in the device list, and when i put the cord in to power it, it just stays on solid blue even if i plug in the Ethernet
So you get a solid blue rather than solid red? I guess that means the firmware hasn't flashed correctly.
I don't know how successful unbricking it is going to be with the stock bootloader, but we can only attempt.

First download my latest release: https://github.com/ijuintekka/fusee-a5/releases/download/0.3.1/firmware.zip
Extract "lede-ramips-rt305x-a5-v11-squashfs-factory.bin" then rename it to "firmware.bin".
Put the renamed file on a FAT formatted flash drive and insert it into your powered off dongle.
Turn the dongle on while holding the reset button and pray to your deity of choice.

Reactions: 0000ff

SexiestManAlive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you get a solid blue rather than solid red? I guess that means the firmware hasn't flashed correctly.
I don't know how successful unbricking it is going to be with the stock bootloader, but we can only attempt.

First download my latest release: https://github.com/ijuintekka/fusee-a5/releases/download/0.3.1/firmware.zip
Extract "lede-ramips-rt305x-a5-v11-squashfs-factory.bin" then rename it to "firmware.bin".
Put the renamed file on a FAT formatted flash drive and insert it into your powered off dongle.
Turn the dongle on while holding the reset button and pray to your deity of choice.
that didnt work, its just flashing blue slowly again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone