Further information about the upcoming Nintendo Switch "Mig Switch" flashcart has been revealed

mig.png

A few days after the monumental reveal of a work-in-progress flashcart being made for the Nintendo Switch, more information has been made available. The previously unnamed flashcart is set to be called "Mig Switch", and the initial Twitter user that unveiled the Mig Switch's existence, After Time X, managed to get in contact with the team behind it all. According to them, they were offered a review unit of the Mig Switch, but turned it down, as the After Time X team fears legal repercussions from dealing with "backup loader" hardware.

Another interesting tidbit is that existing dumps of Switch games will NOT be compatible with the Mig Switch, and backups will need to be repacked to function with the flashcart. Games played with the flashcart can be played online, as well.

The Mig Switch currently has a website, where it is seeking distributors to work together with in order to sell initial limited quantities of the Mig Switch device, with the first units to be delivered sometime in January. The team claims that full availability is expected around March/April 2024. It'll come with the Mig Switch card, and the Mig Switch Dumper, with the latter of which allowing you to back up your games using NXdumpTool.

:arrow: Official Website

Quore

Racing Games Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
music.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Ive already got people saying they are going to wait for this than rather getting a chip fitted lol.

They think its just plug and go and they wont get banned and still play homebrew lol....

Playing online will work if you own the cart originally and you dont share the id but we know how that ends in the pirate world lol
O still think I'll be the same as it was with Acekard and then the R4 🤔

Started with something with not much resources, then it evolved to something complete, and then other people create it's "clone" for a cheaper price.

This Mig one is from Russia, i surely won't doubt that AT LEAST next month some chinese group will make their version of the flashcart

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
O still think I'll be the same as it was with Acekard and then the R4 🤔

Started with something with not much resources, then it evolved to something complete, and then other people create it's "clone" for a cheaper price.

This Mig one is from Russia, i surely won't doubt that AT LEAST next month some chinese group will make their version of the flashcart
Even if it really is from Russia, which most people doubt, it will still be made in China (unless it's a very niche/expensive handmade product). So, it will have been cloned as soon as the order was sent to China.

Reactions: weatMod and tabzer

Quore

Racing Games Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
music.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Even if it really is from Russia, which most people doubt, it will still be made in China (unless it's a very niche/expensive handmade product). So, it will have been cloned as soon as the order was sent to China.
Makes sense

Reactions: JuanMena

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kinda, Most Locks have a Master-Master key, which when you use it you can insert a new set of keys and the old ones are invalid and the new ones become the working ones.

On IT certificate world is something like that if you "lock" (private key) become compromised, you can invalidate it and generate a new private key, the downside is you need to generate new certificate for each client. on the console side is doable, but on physical certificates that render the physical device inoperative and need to be replaced.
Yea, what i meant by "changing locks" was a patch/stability update.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Nintendo is currently thinking of an update to HorizonOS which will provide a lot of work to the Atmosphère devs to update it to support the latest version.
Has been done some times on the past, by example v16 and v17 was tuff cookies
Post automatically merged:

I will buy it! Who else will buy it?
Probably lots of people

Last edited by impeeza,
Reactions: Quore

Quore

Racing Games Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
music.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
He is on the run from Nintendo and the Feds.
Oooooohh now i remember him
Post automatically merged:

his done jail time for doing something similar to the mig. looks like he never learned his lesson :P
As they say, if someone made it once, he can (and will) make it again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto