Hacking Fully shut down Wii with remote

wootbeers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an external harddrive connected to my wii to load backups and it won't shut off unless you hold the power down on the wii. I'm just wondering if theres some kind of hack or something that allows you to fully turn off the wii (red light) with the wii remote rather then holding the power button on the wii for a few seconds.

demon33

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if u have priiloader it have a config option that says : Ignore standby mode

turn it on

smile.gif

Reactions: titaniuml

titaniuml

Trophies
XP
Country
I know this is an old thread, and I can't believe I've only just discovered this now, lol. I've always wondered why it wouldn't shut down fully and have to get up to do it manually every time. I've had no idea there was a setting "hidden" under wiiconnect24. I never bothered going into that as I assumed it was a connection thing.

Thanks!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I know this is an old thread, and I can't believe I've only just discovered this now, lol. I've always wondered why it wouldn't shut down fully and have to get up to do it manually every time. I've had no idea there was a setting "hidden" under wiiconnect24. I never bothered going into that as I assumed it was a connection thing.

Thanks!
WiiConnect24 isn't even working anymore, they shut down the servers, so the standby connection is useless now.

titaniuml

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep I've just read up on that to have more info.

I just can't believe I've been getting up and manually shutting off my Wii all these years!

:wacko:

Well better late than never eh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM