Fully Bicked ym Wii plz help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by yahya_no_1gamer, Apr 23, 2009.

Apr 23, 2009
  1. yahya_no_1gamer
    OP

Newcomer yahya_no_1gamer Newbie

Egypt
    OK so I was trying to update to 4.0 and IOS60 using the WAD method, since I couldn't update through WiFi, everything was working good, so I later installed preloader 2.9 and my Wii got semi-bricked.

So I thought if I uninstall the system 4.0 wad I would go back to the old frimeware like what happens in the WiFi method, after I did that the Wii went black and ever time i open it it gives me a black screen.

SO I found this SaveMiiFrii method, were it should fix a full brick Wii, but I really don't understand it, I got a modded Wii, and a 3rd party GC controller that can press all 4 directions on the same time, what else do i need to have?, and is there a way I can like autoboot this :

http://hackmii.com/2008/05/semi-brick-fix-discs/

so I can install my frimeware again?

I can't send it to Nintendo coz am in Egypt and we have nothing like this here.

2. Vidboy10

Member Vidboy10 Tsardom

Canada
    Press the reset and power button on your wii and then preloader should pop up.

3. kylsav

Member kylsav GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Before you do anything check hold reset while powering on your wii to access preloader if you can get to preloader you should be ok.

vidboy10 beet me too it. [​IMG]

4. yahya_no_1gamer
    OP

Egypt
    Nop it doesn't work [​IMG], kept on trying it.

5. Apekop

Member Apekop GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    it wouldnt work cos u deleted the IOS that the preloader runs off of itself.

6. yahya_no_1gamer
    OP

Egypt
    Idon't want for preloader to work, I just need a way to install any frimwware to make the Wii work again, so all I can find is the SaveMiiFrii method which I don't fully understand

7. Vidboy10

Member Vidboy10 Tsardom

Canada
    But thats the way to install the firmware again.

8. yahya_no_1gamer
    OP

Egypt
    So there is no way for me to fix my Wii? did anyone have my problem before and confirmed SaveMiiFrii doesn't work for it, coz I checked the forums the only people close to me are the people who uninstalled there IOS60.wad file, not the 4.0 update.wad file

9. lenitao

Member lenitao GBAtemp Regular

United States
    preloader is used to avoid bricks, because through it you can install the firmware again

if no fix is found, the best you can do is to ask for help at the shop were you got the Wii, but be sure to remove the modchip before, they may sent it to Nintendo instead, at least that's what happens here

10. lenitao

Member lenitao GBAtemp Regular

United States
    maybe you have to use a Nintendo GC controller and remove the part than prevents you from pushing all 4 direction buttons together, at least that's how i understand it

but i have no idea how this savemiifrii with GC controller works, never tried it

11. yahya_no_1gamer
    OP

Egypt
    Nope there is Nintendo here sadly, so he couldn't am suppose to pick it up today and try another guy(besides he says its a motherboard problem :S).

But I need to make sure if the other guy wont be able to fix it, so I can still have hope of fixing it, since everyone who used SaveMiiFrii worked fro them, and everyone above 3.3 had a problem.

My problem goes that I don't have the 4.0 anymore and I used to have 3.3u or "e", so if I deleted the 4.0 the 3.3 should still be there, if am wrong and I don't have any frimeware at all now them maybe there is a way to install one with, since the Wii opens up and the dvd driver still works.

~~~~I just want to know how to use SaveMiiFrii since I don't understand how I should use it.~~~~

12. imapterodactyl

Member imapterodactyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    When you installed 4.0, it replaced 3.3. As such, when you deleted 4.0, you were left with nothing. At this point in time, there's really nothing you can do, unfortunately.

13. stabes

Newcomer stabes Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi, I am new on here but bricked my Wii with a bad WAD, have you tried the alternative rescue? Sorry if this sounds like I'm teaching you to suck eggs but do you have Starfall installed? If so you can just hold down the 'Y' button on the GC controller when booting up, ensure that the WAD manager boot.dol is the only visible .dol file in the root of your SD card (not in any folder) and whilst holding the 'Y' button put Zelda TP game in, run the twighlight hack which I assume is still on your Wii and the Wii will boot into the WAD manager and you can uninstall the offending WAD.
    Hope this may be of help to you or anybody else who has a bricked Wii but has Starfall installed.

14. Richy Freeway

Member Richy Freeway GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Yeah but starfall wont run if you delete the IOS off which it runs. Which he's done. So in essence, he's fucked.

Remember kids, DONT DELETE IOS's!

15. stabes

Newcomer stabes Newbie

United Kingdom
    Oh I see, that's rather unfortunate for him. I panicked a little when I bricked mine, thank god for Starfall.

Do NOT install the wiiSX rev 57 WAD, this is what bricked mine.

16. yahya_no_1gamer
    OP

Egypt
    So my only option now is to replace the Wii's motherboard!!?

17. Richy Freeway

Member Richy Freeway GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    If sending it back to Nintendo isn't an option, then replacing the board or getting a new Wii is your only option.

18. stabes

Newcomer stabes Newbie

United Kingdom
    I have a question, If I were unable to recover my bricked Wii (which I have) If I had only softmodded it would I be able to send it back to Nintendo for repair (I was getting the 'Files are corrupted' message instead of the menu) ?

19. schnitzelbrain

Newcomer schnitzelbrain Advanced Member

Germany
    U can send it to repair, but ..........

http://hackmii.com/
    read here, it starts getting expensive

20. stabes

Newcomer stabes Newbie

United Kingdom
    Good job I fixed it then after reading this.