Hacking Fully Bicked ym Wii plz help

yahya_no_1gamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
OK so I was trying to update to 4.0 and IOS60 using the WAD method, since I couldn't update through WiFi, everything was working good, so I later installed preloader 2.9 and my Wii got semi-bricked.

So I thought if I uninstall the system 4.0 wad I would go back to the old frimeware like what happens in the WiFi method, after I did that the Wii went black and ever time i open it it gives me a black screen.

SO I found this SaveMiiFrii method, were it should fix a full brick Wii, but I really don't understand it, I got a modded Wii, and a 3rd party GC controller that can press all 4 directions on the same time, what else do i need to have?, and is there a way I can like autoboot this :

http://hackmii.com/2008/05/semi-brick-fix-discs/

so I can install my frimeware again?

I can't send it to Nintendo coz am in Egypt and we have nothing like this here.

kylsav

Trophies
Website
kylsav.dyndns.org
XP
Country
United States
Before you do anything check hold reset while powering on your wii to access preloader if you can get to preloader you should be ok.

vidboy10 beet me too it.
laugh.gif

yahya_no_1gamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Idon't want for preloader to work, I just need a way to install any frimwware to make the Wii work again, so all I can find is the SaveMiiFrii method which I don't fully understand

yahya_no_1gamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
So there is no way for me to fix my Wii? did anyone have my problem before and confirmed SaveMiiFrii doesn't work for it, coz I checked the forums the only people close to me are the people who uninstalled there IOS60.wad file, not the 4.0 update.wad file

lenitao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
preloader is used to avoid bricks, because through it you can install the firmware again

if no fix is found, the best you can do is to ask for help at the shop were you got the Wii, but be sure to remove the modchip before, they may sent it to Nintendo instead, at least that's what happens here

lenitao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe you have to use a Nintendo GC controller and remove the part than prevents you from pushing all 4 direction buttons together, at least that's how i understand it

but i have no idea how this savemiifrii with GC controller works, never tried it

yahya_no_1gamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Nope there is Nintendo here sadly, so he couldn't am suppose to pick it up today and try another guy(besides he says its a motherboard problem :S).

But I need to make sure if the other guy wont be able to fix it, so I can still have hope of fixing it, since everyone who used SaveMiiFrii worked fro them, and everyone above 3.3 had a problem.

My problem goes that I don't have the 4.0 anymore and I used to have 3.3u or "e", so if I deleted the 4.0 the 3.3 should still be there, if am wrong and I don't have any frimeware at all now them maybe there is a way to install one with, since the Wii opens up and the dvd driver still works.

~~~~I just want to know how to use SaveMiiFrii since I don't understand how I should use it.~~~~

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yahya_no_1gamer said:
My problem goes that I don't have the 4.0 anymore and I used to have 3.3u or "e", so if I deleted the 4.0 the 3.3 should still be there, if am wrong and I don't have any frimeware at all now them maybe there is a way to install one with, since the Wii opens up and the dvd driver still works.

~~~~I just want to know how to use SaveMiiFrii since I don't understand how I should use it.~~~~

When you installed 4.0, it replaced 3.3. As such, when you deleted 4.0, you were left with nothing. At this point in time, there's really nothing you can do, unfortunately.

stabes

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I am new on here but bricked my Wii with a bad WAD, have you tried the alternative rescue? Sorry if this sounds like I'm teaching you to suck eggs but do you have Starfall installed? If so you can just hold down the 'Y' button on the GC controller when booting up, ensure that the WAD manager boot.dol is the only visible .dol file in the root of your SD card (not in any folder) and whilst holding the 'Y' button put Zelda TP game in, run the twighlight hack which I assume is still on your Wii and the Wii will boot into the WAD manager and you can uninstall the offending WAD.
Hope this may be of help to you or anybody else who has a bricked Wii but has Starfall installed.

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah but starfall wont run if you delete the IOS off which it runs. Which he's done. So in essence, he's fucked.

Remember kids, DONT DELETE IOS's!

stabes

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh I see, that's rather unfortunate for him. I panicked a little when I bricked mine, thank god for Starfall.

Do NOT install the wiiSX rev 57 WAD, this is what bricked mine.

stabes

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question, If I were unable to recover my bricked Wii (which I have) If I had only softmodded it would I be able to send it back to Nintendo for repair (I was getting the 'Files are corrupted' message instead of the menu) ?

schnitzelbrain

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
stabes said:
I have a question, If I were unable to recover my bricked Wii (which I have) If I had only softmodded it would I be able to send it back to Nintendo for repair (I was getting the 'Files are corrupted' message instead of the menu) ?

U can send it to repair, but ..........

http://hackmii.com/
read here, it starts getting expensive

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.