1. shroomin

shroomin Newbie
    Newcomer

Also been having problems with YABDM. I think it's something to do with the recently updated boot.dol file at https://github.com/DarkMatterCore/bluedump-mod/tree/master/HBC, which appears to be almost identical to the HBC boot.dol file? I may be completely wrong, and it could be something else entirely.

Anyway I found a slightly older version of YABDM (v1.8 as opposed to v1.82) at http://wiidatabase.de/downloads/wii-tools/yet-another-bluedump-mod/. The changelog is on page https://github.com/DarkMatterCore/bluedump-mod. Good news is v1.8 appears to have worked ok.

2. pOLLYpoCKET

pOLLYpoCKET Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey guys, I could use some serious help, I have no idea what's going on with my hacked vWii.

I used the Bathaxx hacking method and everything seems to be working fine except any loader I use for my HDD brings me back to the home screen whenever I try to launch a game. What's weird is that it works fine on my old Wii. It's only on vWii that it's doing this. I know the drive is good, I know it's plugged in to the right port, and I'm using the approved launchers. I just can't for the life of me figure out why none of the games will load.

3. anthonyno

anthonyno Member
    Newcomer

United States
    My situation is sligthly different.
    I use SMASH STACK on my vWii, Component for video output, Ustealth_R8, CFG USB Loader, and some of the games works correctly.
    But for some of them there's no way to make them work.
    An example is Just Dance 2016. After copying from my old hard drive ( wbfs to wbfs ), change the 3 available cIOS, I tried also to create iso again but it doesn't work any more.
    It was working on old wii.
    Maybe some games are not compatible with this ? In such case where I can find a list of such games ?

Last edited by anthonyno, Jan 3, 2016
  4. anthonyno

anthonyno Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Sorry for bothering you, Instruction at point 6b solves this issue :-)

5. pOLLYpoCKET

pOLLYpoCKET Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Just a quick update, I don't know why, but now it's working and I'm using the CFG USB Loader that I quoted.

Thanks.

6. tubebar

tubebar GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hi, I am stuck on Step 7.

It says ""Select cIOS" press right and select "d2x-v10-beta52-vWii" or "d2xv10-beta53-alt-vWii""

There is no option for that, only dx2 V3 up to Dx2 v6. That doesn't make any sense, what should it be set to?

7. memomo

memomo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Can I safely play online in downloaded backups via vWii ? Let's say COD AW Online?
    THANKS

8. marcioap1

marcioap1 GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Quick question: can I install d2x-v10-beta52-vWii to overwrite d2x-v10-betar53-alt-vWii? It is taking forever to load a game with beta53-alt...

9. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

United States
    Just install one to cIOS 249 and the other to cIOS 250. That way you can switch it on a per-game basis

10. Chuardo

Chuardo GBAtemp Fan

Uruguay
    Help, I have Installed d2x-v10-beta52-vWii and d2x-v10-betar53-alt-vWii a lot of times with IOS 58 and cIOS 236 but when I check the IOS's on SysCheck the cIOS 249, 250 and 251 they don't have USB 2.0 Access (And they should, I'm pretty sure), so the games freeze In-game and I can't do anything at all. Legit games on disc and GC Games on Nintendon't work just fine, so I think that the D2X are the problem because of that (Nintendont doesn't use cIOS)

I tried with another SD Card and Another HDD, I always get have the same problem. How can I install the D2X Cios with USB 2.0? There is another way to install them besides the D2X cIOS Instaler 2.2 mod? I don't find the answer to that question anywhere :/

11. anthonyno

anthonyno Member
    Newcomer

United States
    FW 5.5.1 compatible or not ?

12. Panic.exe

Panic.exe GBAtemp Regular

United States
    when trying to install the forwarder for wiiflow/usbloader_gx in MMM it's failing.. error (-2011) :wtf:

Edit: I just used yet another wad manager mod and it worked fine.. hmmm.

Last edited by Panic.exe, Jan 14, 2016
  13. CloudLionHeart

CloudLionHeart GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    Sorry for asking again but does the smash stack work with the smash bros brawl select disk? Seems that i can not find the original disk here in grecce :(

14. Panic.exe

United States
    From what I've read it should work the same.

15. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

United States
    It's the same game with a different cover, so yes

16. CloudLionHeart

CloudLionHeart GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    Thank you for the reply :)

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  17. ihatepants

ihatepants Newbie
    Newcomer

I had this problem as well and I figured it out. When you unzipped the file for d2x-v10-beta52-vWii and the d2xv10-beta53-alt-vWii, you need to make sure that you move the ciosmaps.xml file (which was included in the zip) into the d2x cios installer folder as well. I only moved the d2x-v10-beta52-vWii and d2xv10-beta53-alt-vWii folders into the d2x cios folder and did not include the ciosmaps.xml file, which gave me the same problem.

18. iOS ID

iOS ID Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Could someone please confirm if the new FW 5.5.1 is compatible or not? I would love to load Homebrew on my new Wii U, but I don't want to brick it if it's not compatible.

Thank you. :)

19. Panic.exe

United States
    vwii will pretty much always be exploitable. and on the off chance that nintendo decides to update the vwii (very unlikely) it isn't going cause you to brick your vwii if you try to mod it, it will prevent you from running the exploit entirely. But again... considering they have yet to fix the exploits from the original wii I doubt they will ever bother.

Last edited by Panic.exe, Jan 16, 2016
    TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  20. Garou

Garou GBAtemp Maniac

I'm trying to run backup wii games using usb loader gx, however it doesn't detect any games
    those games are in .wbfs format (converted using WiiBackupManager) and already tried both usb hdd and sd card (both are formatted as FAT32)

sdcard:\wbfs\Game Name [GAMEID]\GAMEID.wbfs
    usb:\wbfs\Game Name [GAMEID]\GAMEID.wbfs

but gamecube games I put on usb:\games\Game Name [GAMEID]\game.iso can be detected just fine by usb loader gx

read it on other thread stating that vwii only support wii games in wbfs formatted hard drive. is that correct?

edit
    okay problem solved
    apparently by default usb loader gx filters to only show wii channel and gamecube games, but not wii games

Last edited by Garou, Jan 17, 2016
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Softmod,